225 To 245 Tires..93 Ls

Caleb

Im about to test out these wheels on the lex, the current Width of the tire is 225, I gotta see if these 245 will fit or rub. Basically a random question but I figure someone might know before I hit the lift...so whats up?

No, different rim. I dont really know the dimensions of the rim itself. I bought these chrome 18"s from my friend with 245/40 tires already on them, currently I have the stock 16" rims with the gold trim from 93...they're a little tired. Anyway, at a glance they look pretty much the same, I really cant even tell a width difference and the diameter is identical.

well while were on the subject of tires u guys think having 2 different speed rated tires will make a difference on the car say a speed rating of V and speed rating of H on the exactly same tires with different speed ratings

No, different rim. I dont really know the dimensions of the rim itself. I bought these chrome 18"s from my friend with 245/40 tires already on them, currently I have the stock 16" rims with the gold trim from 93...they're a little tired. Anyway, at a glance they look pretty much the same, I really cant even tell a width difference and the diameter is identical.

I've got 235-50-18s on my '94. They rub over bumps and getting out of the driveway. Rims are 18x8. If you want 245s then roll the fender lip carefully. Some body shops have a special tool that attaches to the wheel hub to do the job. Works really well. My main problem it seems is that the suspension bushings are worn out, and I think the tires are rubbing more because of it. Especially the back tires. I have the Daizen front polyurethane kit, but I'm waiting for their rear kit before I install. While I'm at it, shocks and springs of course. Hope this helps!

Ross it is not your tire size that makes you tires rub . It is because you have the wrong offsets on your car.

I have 275/30 20's and they don't rub at all on my car.

Actually the backspacing of the new rim is 1/2" deeper than factory, but is 1" wider. OEM rim size is 16x7. I can't go with any more backspacing because the rim will hit the front control arms. The later cars are more amenable to bigger rims and wider tires. The gen-1 cars are pretty tight. The rubbing issue with my car IMO is with bushing flex because in most situations there's no rub except when the suspension is really being worked. But I will add that 20's on my car will work well because the inside edge of the rim is further away from the suspension. But 275's I'm sure won't fit in the gen-1 fenderwell. Bummer! They'd look really good.