Ls600hl

Since I haven't seen links or mention of the official release of the LS 600hL . Here are some links to salivate over.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/04/12/new-yor...exus-ls-600h-l/

http://www.lexus.com/2007ls_prelaunch/

A comparison to the current BMW 7 series.

http://www.johnsonconsultation.com/BvL.jpg

While it's still too early for the final specs/pricing , (I was at the Lexus dealer ship in the afternoon after the release) a sales person implied that the final HP rating will be closer to 480 BHP (Makes sense since the ICE is 380 BHP on it's own), and that this car will be mid $80's to low $90's to start.

Lexus seems to be positioning the LS 600hL as a competitor to the Mercedes S 600 which is a $129K vehicle. It will remain to be seen whether lexus can pull that coup off.

Wonder if the future holds a possibility for an LS with the GSh drive train.....

Who would have ever thought Toyota would end up using their hybrid synergy technology simply to SUPERCHARGE the LS...

They actually have given it an entirely new name in the LS, its not "Hybrid Synergy Drive" its "Lexus Hybrid Drive".

As for the LS with the GS450h drivetrain, I doubt it.

I haven't seen mention of whether active suspension is an option. Seems like they should tout this with a car this size that will end up with almost 480 Hp and AWD. The BMW and MBZ have active suspension as an option.

I haven't seen mention of whether active suspension is an option. Seems like they should tout this with a car this size that will end up with almost 480 Hp and AWD. The BMW and MBZ have active suspension as an option.

The LS comes standard with airmatic suspension.

Just give you guys some ideas, during early testings, the LS Hybrid is faster than the 750iL but still slower than S600, but the car is seamless. Period.

Just wondering, what will you guys prefer the LS Hybrid to have, more performance, or fuel economy?

As long as there is no Gas Guzzler Tax, I would be happy with any combined fuel rating over 20 MPG.

The reason I would choose the LS600hL over the LS460L are:

(1) AWD

(2) CVT Transmission

(3) Performance (relative to Audi A8 , MBZ S550, BMW 7 series)

As long as there is no Gas Guzzler Tax, I would be happy with any combined fuel rating over 20 MPG.

(1) AWD

(2) CVT Transmission

But would you pay at least $15,000 more for that?

well apparently the hybrid version will have every possible option on it, including the 4 passenger add on with the reclining chair and dvd player. thats what some articles are saying, so lets just say 20 grand more for all that stuff....not really a bad deal

(1) AWD

(2) CVT Transmission

How much is the Gas Guzzler Tax now? Is it a state tax or federal?

Anyway, early testing shows MPG on the LS 600h is about 24 mpg, that's better than my ES!