Cel And Codes Pulled

I am new here, but I have been lurking for a while, Ive been doing my spring maintenece on my es. This weekend I noticed my check engine light come on, I went to autozone and these are the codes

P0125

P1150

P1153

These all point to my Front O2 sensor, I think. Just FYI the spark plugs are new NGK iridium, I just cleaned the MAF, and intake. I also Ran some seafoam and BG44k, along with my personal engine flush. Thanks for the help!

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...2&hl=error+code

hope that helps.

P0125

Insufficient Coolant Temperature For Closed Loop Fuel Control

P0150

HO2S Circuit Malfunction, Bank 2 Sensor 1

P0153

HO2S Circuit Slow Response, Bank 2 Sensor 1

I knew what they were, just what I should replace, in the diagnostics manual they say P0125 goes off when the other 2 happen so I shouldnt need a new coolant temp sensor

• 1 month later...

Unfortenatly, my check engine light just came on the other day. Went to autozone and pulled the following codes from my 98 ES300:

-P0125: Closed Loop Fuel Ctrl Insufficent Coolant Temp

-P1133: Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Circuit Response Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

-P1135: Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

Any idea as to what might be wrong???? Thanks in advance.

Well I would replace the one. The engine may run like !Removed! on those 3 cylinders because the fueling is off. More importantly - for the most part, when that type of sensor is failing, their output makes the engine use more gas than it actually would be using otherwise (Rich). If you have the money to replace the one sensor either way - it's better to do it now than after.

AFA the other sensor. Whenever.

(This isn't some major undertaking. It's right down there on the front exhaust manifold / exhaust pipe, it bolts, you unclip it & you put the new one in. If the new sensor is gneric <cough you saving money <cough> it won't have a connector on it. No big deal, cut the OLD connector off the OLD sensor & crimp, or soldier it together.)

Like... A 10-20 min project. Not complicated, No knowledge of anything actually required.

Once it's in, reset the ECU & drive it like you stole it for awhile. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I had a buddy of mine replace the front O2 sensor with a brand new OEM sensor. He then cleared the CEL but after 20 mins the same codes showed up again! He used a diagonstic machine to read the #'s and didn't notice any unusual readings. I am going to have him take a closer look at it after the holiday wkend but I wanted to ask you all for any further suggestions? Thanks again.

I had a buddy of mine replace the front O2 sensor with a brand new OEM sensor. He then cleared the CEL but after 20 mins the same codes showed up again! He used a diagonstic machine to read the #'s and didn't notice any unusual readings. I am going to have him take a closer look at it after the holiday wkend but I wanted to ask you all for any further suggestions? Thanks again.

which O2 sensor did he replace? maybe he mixed up his banks.

melhadri, you posted your O2 sensor was Bank 1 Sensor 1. That is the one between the engine and firewall before the cat.

Milehigh's post was for Bank 2 sensor 1, same position but opposite bank or cylinders.

steviej

I had him replace the front bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor; the one thats connected to the manifold.

"the front bank" meaning the bank of cylinders by the radiator, if so then that is bank 2.

you had your mechanic replace the wrong sensor.

steviej

• 2 months later...

I had him replace the front bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor; the one thats connected to the manifold.

"the front bank" meaning the bank of cylinders by the radiator, if so then that is bank 2.

you had your mechanic replace the wrong sensor.

steviej

I'm so sorry for my idiocy...but can this be clarified in simple English??

Bank 1 Sensor 1 is the one between the manifold and the radiator (nearest you when you're looking into your engine standing in front of the car--you can peer down and actually see it.)

Bank 2 Sensor 1 is the one between the manifold and the firewall (furthest away when you're looking into your engine standing in front of the car.)

Are there Sensor "2s" for these Banks...or just the other sensors post-cat?

OR...do I have this exactly backwards? I think my mechanic put a new Lexus O2 sensor in the wrong place even though ECU isn't lit.

Thanks all...

Bank 1 is by the firewall , bank 2 is the rad. sensor 2 is after the cat

Thanks SK,

Is it possible that even if the wrong one was replaced, and the ECU cleared the CEL would come on again? If not, would I pick it up by taking it to autozone or some place and having them plug in an OBD reader? I'm going to firebomb the repair shop if they put the wrong one in!!!! Not really, but I will be quite displeased.

• 6 months later...

I seem to be having the same troubles myself (98 ES300) ... my actron code reader gives the following codes:

P0125 -

P0171 -

P1133 -

P1135 -

P1153 -

P1155 -

I replaced both Air/Fuel Ratio Sensors (Cali Emissions), used my Actron Code Reader to reset the check engine light ... but:

Car still runs like total Crap ... idle is rough, and the car bucks for a while 10-15mins, then runs normally ... but eats up gas like it's water ...

I'm out of ideas ... ANY HELP is greatly appreciated

I seem to be having the same troubles myself (98 ES300) ... my actron code reader gives the following codes:

P0125 -

P0171 -

P1133 -

P1135 -

P1153 -

P1155 -

I replaced both Air/Fuel Ratio Sensors (Cali Emissions), used my Actron Code Reader to reset the check engine light ... but:

Car still runs like total Crap ... idle is rough, and the car bucks for a while 10-15mins, then runs normally ... but eats up gas like it's water ...

I'm out of ideas ... ANY HELP is greatly appreciated

BUMP