91 Ls Front End Shakes

dole2000

I have a 91 LS. Sometimes when I brake lightly, my front end shakes a bit. Doesn't do it all the time. Only when I have been driving awhile. Mostly going down hill in Mtns. etc.. I replaced the front pads. Got a little better. I have bremble rotors on the front. I think the calipers are orginal.

Thanks,

Bob

Hey Bob, your car starts shaking after driving downhill for a while? Sounds like it might be the rotors, excessive heat tends to warp them, eventhough I am surprised to see that it should happen on your Brembo rotors, those rotors are pretty good, infact I do alot of downhill driving myself with Brembos without any problems. Just my two cents! :-)

I have a 91 LS. Sometimes when I brake lightly, my front end shakes a bit. Doesn't do it all the time. Only when I have been driving awhile. Mostly going down hill in Mtns. etc.. I replaced the front pads. Got a little better. I have bremble rotors on the front. I think the calipers are orginal.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob:

I agree with everyone else & would like to add that you may have a sticking piston in one or both of your calipers. I recently did my brakes, including re-building the calipers. It is a very simple procedure. Get the caliper on the bench, remove the piston & rubber boot. using a hook tool, remove the O-ring & replace it with new. Re-assemble, re-install, add pads, bleed & you're done.

Brake rebuild

• 6 months later...