Going To Take The Car To The Dealer

Hello,

It's just a simple question. I have LS 98 , and now it's 180 000 mile on it. and planing to take it to the dealer next week to do regular maintenance.

Is there anything according to the miles on it, anything I should be sure about the suspension system to be replaced , and it's not costly :).

Sometimes when I drive the car in the cold morning , and I hit any simple thing in the raod, I hear sound like tick sound from the front of the car.

and when I turn the steering to the left , I hear a tick sound two or three times.

if I ask the dealer to check the suspension system , he would as for $$$$ for everything :) while I shouldn't , so if anyone could suggest anything that will be 100% sure a part of imporving the suspension sytem.

BTW, I didn't do any maintinance on the suspension. even the struts. they are the original ones came with the car!!!

Bluethunder..there is a lot of information here if you type "suspension" into the search mode at the bottom of the posting page.

I read all of them. Tick sound , could be alot of things. nothing can be a direct answer to my need. and it's a kind of suggestion according to my car condition. so if someone could drop only two lines, it can be usefull to me .

Bluethunder, at that mileage you should definitely replace all 4 shocks and the spring isolator (isolates between the spring and the shock mount). You will notice a big difference in the smoothness of the ride. I'm assuming your strut rods have been replaced, if not then they are most likely in very bad shape given the temperatures and some of the roads in Riyadh (lived there before so I know how bad some of them are). The problem for you is that your at the mercy of the dealer unless your able to inspect it yourself or have another shop inspect it to give you a second opinion. Take it in for an estimate and let us know exactly what they say and we'll go from there.

Tick sounds when you turn left? Uhmm, two things that come to mind are ,the right side outer tie rod, or the right side ball joint. Just do a visual inspection, are the rubber boots on either ones broken? If so, chances are you found the culprit!