Paint A Gs Different Color? Good?

Has anyone ever painted their GS a different color. i have seen some silver one's that fit my price range but really like black. What would a good paint job cost me and is it good to change the paint color of the GS. Does Lexus use special Paint? Can anyone give me the pros and cons. thanks in advance

The con is it will seriously lower the value of the car.

The other con is a good paint job costs ~ $5,000.

I have pursued quotes on my gs in the past and $3k-$5k is in line, I am getting to the point where the black is getting to be a PITA and was looking at silver or ??? Love the car, Just want to look @ different colors with the black interior which I wouldn't want to give up unless I would go with coach/Tan.

The con is it will seriously lower the value of the car.

The other con is a good paint job costs ~ $5,000.

I have pursued quotes on my gs in the past and $3k-$5k is in line, I am getting to the point where the black is getting to be a PITA and was looking at silver or ??? Love the car, Just want to look @ different colors with the black interior which I wouldn't want to give up unless I would go with coach/Tan.

Yea, $3k-$5k is about what you would pay for a good job. Mine is also black on black but I wouldn't recommend it. It looks nice when the car is clean, But when it's dirty, every spot shows. Although the color I want to paint it isn't too far from black but it's my fav color so...But my interior is black so I want to paint the car dark blue, I think that's a hot combination. But I definitely would advise against the black exterior.

I would say the only real Pro, would be that you have a freshly painted car.

And unless you do the door jams, trunk jam, under the trunk, and engine bay at minimum, another paint job isn't worth it. You can get away with a cheap paint job for around $1000, but it will be cheap.