Opps! Split Open Rubber Boot Around Balljoint

Ive never seen a replacement boot, but I could be wrong, Seems to me you have to replace the ball joint.

Does that mean I need a new LCA or can you just replace the ball joint. According to Lexus you need a complete arm. Also the boot does seperate from the LCA so if I could find someone who is parting out there car it should be a snap to get just the boot.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive never seen a replacement boot, but I could be wrong, Seems to me you have to replace the ball joint.

Does that mean I need a new LCA or can you just replace the ball joint. According to Lexus you need a complete arm. Also the boot does seperate from the LCA so if I could find someone who is parting out there car it should be a snap to get just the boot.

Ball joint and LCA are all one piece on our cars. So it takes replacing the whole LCA and its expensive. I was changing out the Lower Control arm bushings with aftermarket ones and when I was disconnecting the LCA I too ripped the boot. It has grease in it and the boot is to keep it from comming out and keep dirt outr while lubricating the metal joints/ball.

My Solution was to buy a small tire patch repair kit(from Walmart anywere) and it comes with rought sanding material to scuff the rubber boot. then clean off real good. apply glue and past on the rubber tire patch cut to your custom problem area. Make sure to press on real good and let sit and cure before handling. Then I put back on car.

[ Thanks to T.A.P recycling I found a solution to my delemma. Take an Innertube from a bike, cut it to the length you need. And wrap it around the boot, Use some thin wire to hold it in place and it act's as a second boot. But hey thanks there Zegnaguy for your reply.

• 4 years later...