01 Rx300 Clock Reset

kybruce

We have 01 RX300 with 80,000 miles on it. The clock recently began resetting itself. After reading multiple forums about old battery causing this, I replaced battery. It still resets itself. We never had any other battery related problems or problem starting in cold weather. Anyone have any other ideas?

• 4 months later...

My RX300 just started doing the same thing (clock resetting itself). I thought it was the battery, but the indicator on the battery still shows "blue", and the engine fires up very strong. It does not appear to be a battery issue.

Any other ideas?

My RX300 just started doing the same thing (clock resetting itself). I thought it was the battery, but the indicator on the battery still shows "blue", and the engine fires up very strong. It does not appear to be a battery issue.

Any other ideas?

There have been others in the past with the same comment but when they finally changed the battery the problem was solved. If you have an 01 with the original Panasonic battery, it's due for a change. You can pick up a battery at Costco for about $40. It's a lot faster and cheaper than doing any troubleshooting and almost guaranteed to fix your problem. You may want to do a search for "battery" here and on other RX forums to see what others are saying.

Got to agree , glad you found a nice old thread but the better ones are saying it is from starting the car which draws all the power and drains other systems ,causing the time to be lost as it has no battery back up system.

Got to agree , glad you found a nice old thread but the better ones are saying it is from starting the car which draws all the power and drains other systems ,causing the time to be lost as it has no battery back up system.