Key Battery

akewlguy

Take the screw out and the front cover to reveal a battery. I found the replacement at Radio Shack. Search the forum, their is a thread or two filled with Blake’s keys and I think mine too, that'll give you more than enough info about a key!

Replaced my 93Ls key battery today. The type is a lithium size 1216, 3volt . Before replacement it took several pushes of the button to open/close the door lock. It now works excellent, just a slight push to work. And there was no reprograming of the key needed. The tool sI used for the screw was an eye glass repair screwdriver. and a fine, pointed tiped punch. And two small standard tip screwdrivers.

Remove the screw. Use punch at the key/fab junction below the screw hole to lift up the plastic. Insert one of the flat screwdrives and start twisting to pop it up a bit . Leave it in place and start using the second screwdriver alternating up both sides of the plastic. Soon the fab will pop open. There is a snap connector at the top of the fab. ( where the key ring goes ). The battery is loose inside. ie. it can fall out.

old battery stamped with: BV 1216 3V