Hitch Bike Rack

• 2 years later...

I just joined this forum 2 minutes ago, I realize that this is an old topic and wondered if anyone has any more recent info. I have a Yakima receiver hitch type rack. I have looked at all of the major hitch manufacturers with no joy. I don't want an ugly hitch under the bumper, but I also would prefer not having the weight on the license plate cut-out. I'm not looking to put a roof rack on this car like I did my civic. Any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I just joined this forum 2 minutes ago, I realize that this is an old topic and wondered if anyone has any more recent info. I have a Yakima receiver hitch type rack. I have looked at all of the major hitch manufacturers with no joy. I don't want an ugly hitch under the bumper, but I also would prefer not having the weight on the license plate cut-out. I'm not looking to put a roof rack on this car like I did my civic. Any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Here is a recent thread where I suggested having a shop fabricate a custom hitch for an IS250: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...32&hl=hitch I assume there would be shops in Virginia that could fabricate a hitch for your IS.

It wouldn't take much of a hitch to carry a receiver type bike rack. I use a receiver type bike rack on my 00 LS400 with my Draw-Tite trailer hitch.

Here is a recent thread where I suggested having a shop fabricate a custom hitch for an IS250: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...32&hl=hitch I assume there would shops in Virginia that could fabricate a hitch for your IS.

It wouldn't take much of a hitch to carry a receiver type bike rack. I use a receiver type bike rack on my 00 LS400 with my Draw-Tite trailer hitch.

Thanks for your quick reply. Sorry I forgot to mention I read your thread on custom fabed hitch's and I may go that route eventually. I have to climb under and look at the space and potential mounting area and decide from there. I only got it two weeks ago and would rather not give it up for any longer than I have to. The dealer already had it for 2 days for the fuel rail and rear dust boot isues and again this Friday for TLC on wheels, leather, Paint, etc. I really miss my Draw-tite DPS on my Xterra. I don't miss the 12 mpg though! :D Take care.

• 2 months later...
Has anyone tried to order one from this site in Europe?

http://www.towbar-online.com/search.php?cu...5hl8shejvo3lr2u

"Towbars" used in Europe and the U.K. are of a very different design than "trailer hitches" used in most of the western hemisphere (e.g. US and Canada) and in other countries such as Australia. European/U.K. towbars are not compatible with hitch mount bike racks and trailers sold in North America.

Trust me, I know. I've been towing trailers with cars and trucks in North America for 40+ years and have spent quite a bit of time in the U.K. and Europe.