2001 Gs 430 4200 Miles

I was looking online a the GS430s and found n 2001 with 4,200 the guy is original owner and has pink slip. All options, I mean it is loaded ,Blk/Blk $37,995 is way high for Kelly Blue Book $29,825 private party excellent, but it is brand new. What do you guys think.

Jeff

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too high.

4200 miles sure, but its not brand new, its 5 years old. Everyone always gets so excited when they see radically low mileage on a car like this, but actually sometimes its worse for a car to sit unused than to be driven a moderate amount of miles per year. 4200 miles is only 840 miles a year, you think the guy ever got the oil changed? Thats only 2-3 tanks of gas a year! Not to mention the fact that rubber hardens and starts to dry rot when it sits and isn't flexed, I'd be worried about dried bushings, filters clogged with squirrel debris etc.

I'd skip it.

I just bought the exact same car: 2001 blk/blk, 430, chrome 17's, nav, etc. Mine only had 13k miles, stilled smelled new, similar situation to yours on the owner. He was asking low 30's, I offered 30k and he eventually took it. I felt like I got a good deal, look at the sticker for pete's sake.

I understand Steves feedback on age, but I wouldn't skip it just because of that. I would go lower on price, however. Just consider that as soon as you put 20k miles on it, you'll be going down the depreciation curve more from $37 than you would from $30-32. If you're going to keep the car, however, it's a no-brainer to me. Which was my intentions and why I bought a $50k car w/13k miles for $30k.

Good luck.

I understand Steves feedback on age, but I wouldn't skip it just because of that.

Oh no, its worth buying to be sure, just don't pay more for it because of the low miles was all I was saying.