95 Ls 90k Service Checklist

Sweet95LS400

I have scheduled to take my 95 LS in for the 90k service tomorow at the Lexus dealer.

The following items will be completed as per their recommendations and the 90k service manual by Lexus.

- Replace Timing Belt

- Replace Water Pump

- Replace Crank Seal

- Replace Cam Seals

- Change/flush brake fluid

- Change/flush coolant

- Replace pulley/tensioner

- Engine oil/filter service

- Change spark plugs

- Change/flush transmission fluid

- Aim headlamps/foglamps

Problems to be looked at outside of the 90k service:

- Firm 2-3 shift

- Occassional low idle/idle bouncing

- Wiper alignment (clunking noise when they are on)

- Vibration from the drivetrain when accelerating with a car load of people (already replaced transmission mount, I am thinking it might be another mount somewhere else in the rear end)

Anyone else have any items to be checked or serviced at this time. Everything else is working as designed.

I have scheduled to take my 95 LS in for the 90k service tomorow at the Lexus dealer.

The following items will be completed as per their recommendations and the 90k service manual by Lexus.

- Replace Timing Belt

- Replace Water Pump

- Replace Crank Seal

- Replace Cam Seals

- Change/flush brake fluid

- Change/flush coolant

- Replace pulley/tensioner

- Engine oil/filter service

- Change spark plugs

- Change/flush transmission fluid

- Aim headlamps/foglamps

Problems to be looked at outside of the 90k service:

- Firm 2-3 shift

- Occassional low idle/idle bouncing

- Wiper alignment (clunking noise when they are on)

- Vibration from the drivetrain when accelerating with a car load of people (already replaced transmission mount, I am thinking it might be another mount somewhere else in the rear end)

Anyone else have any items to be checked or serviced at this time. Everything else is working as designed.

How about a Change/Flush of the Power Steering Fluid..I never did this and paid $$$ to replace the P/S Pump, High Pressure hose and Rack...

Hope that helps,

Sam

Well I just got the car back from both the 90k service and also the water pump/timing belt change. I am very happy to say that the car runs much better. I thought it ran great before, but it seems to have more pep now and I definately noticed better gas mileage on the way home from the dealer (about a 2 hour trip). Thanks to everyone for their input.

Sweet, look on your invoice,did they put that BK44 additive in the car?

Well I just got the car back from both the 90k service and also the water pump/timing belt change. I am very happy to say that the car runs much better. I thought it ran great before, but it seems to have more pep now and I definately noticed better gas mileage on the way home from the dealer (about a 2 hour trip). Thanks to everyone for their input.

hey i am having the same problems with my seat belts so let me know what you come up with, i thought about replacing them but i figured it really isn't too big of deal yet as they do retract and hold some tension. but it's important enough to be concerned about a fix in the future

I have contacted Lexus about this, the dealer is going to inspect them and see what needs to be replaced. At that time Lexus may or may not assist with the replacement parts and labor. I did mention to them that on my Honda's the seatbelts and their components were covered for the life of the car.

I will be taking the car back in a week or two, I need to have my drivers and passenger side front seat belts looked at, they dont retract very well anymore. Sometimes you have to hand feel them back into the reel.

This seems to be fairly common. I know some members persuaded Lexus in to changing their belts for free. I had a Lexus shop in Dallas change my driver's side belt (before I knew you could corner Lexus in to it) for something like $200 or $250. I travel alone mostly as did the PO of my car, so the driver's belt was the only defective one in my car...I'd actually have to feed it back in the the tensioner when I'd get out of the car. It's great to have a seatbelt that works!

I will be taking the car back in a week or two, I need to have my drivers and passenger side front seat belts looked at, they dont retract very well anymore. Sometimes you have to hand feel them back into the reel.

This seems to be fairly common. I know some members persuaded Lexus in to changing their belts for free. I had a Lexus shop in Dallas change my driver's side belt (before I knew you could corner Lexus in to it) for something like $200 or $250. I travel alone mostly as did the PO of my car, so the driver's belt was the only defective one in my car...I'd actually have to feed it back in the the tensioner when I'd get out of the car. It's great to have a seatbelt that works!

Might help.

seatbelt_cleaning_lexus.pdf