Talk About Bad Luck...

My IS250 is not even 2 weeks old yet, and on my drive to work this morning a rock came out of nowhere and put 2-dime size spider cracks in the windshield. Needless to say I was beyond upset. I called my Ins company and they will fix (I guess fill or what ever they do) the damage for free but if I want a new windshield I’m going to have to pay my deductible of $500.00. What should I do?? Let them fix it and see what happens or just replace it?? Anyone have experience with this before? Thanks for the help :(

My IS250 is not even 2 weeks old yet, and on my drive to work this morning a rock came out of nowhere and put 2-dime size spider cracks in the windshield. Needless to say I was beyond upset. I called my Ins company and they will fix (I guess fill or what ever they do) the damage for free but if I want a new windshield I’m going to have to pay my deductible of $500.00. What should I do?? Let them fix it and see what happens or just replace it?? Anyone have experience with this before? Thanks for the help :(

Call a good glass company they will be able to repair it. Same thing happend to me on my way home after picking mine up from the dealership...talk about bad luck. It is not that big of deal, let them fix it if you are still un happy then get it replaced.

Call a good glass company they will be able to repair it. Same thing happend to me on my way home after picking mine up from the dealership...talk about bad luck. It is not that big of deal, let them fix it if you are still un happy then get it replaced.

So you know how i feel then :) When they fix it, is it still noticable? Thanks for the help

Just got off the phone with the Lexus dealer. They want $992 to replace it. Guess im getting it fixed from insurance for free

I can tell it is there but you have to look for it! :blink: 992 or free :D

My friend's windshield had 4 small chips in it, various locations.

The Insurance will cover a complete replacement if there are more than 8 repair spots, or if a crack is more than so many inches long.

He had the chips repaired and you cannot tell they were ever there.

You need to know where the inperfection was, and you need to look at it in the sunlight at just the right angle to see that anything was there... and even then, you can't really see it. :geek:

A good glass company will be able to make a repair, and you'll never know the difference.

call several Lexus dealerships and ask the service manager who they outsource their work to and then go there and have it done or have them come to your house. Just make sure they use heated sealant when they put the new shield in.

I have had to have mine done, turned out the place my dealership has do the glass was 20 minutes from my house. You would never know the difference in the windshield, it was an exact replacement.

Luckily in MA, you are allowed one free windshield per year with no deductible.

steviej

I have had my windshield replaced on my grand prix last week because of a rock hitting the windshield. If the crack is in the driving line of view they will not replace it because the chemical they use to fill it leaves a glare in the sun. A glass company replaced the whole thing for $225.

I have had my windshield replaced on my grand prix last week because of a rock hitting the windshield. If the crack is in the driving line of view they will not replace it because the chemical they use to fill it leaves a glare in the sun. A glass company replaced the whole thing for $225.

The only plus about this, is where it hit. It is (as your looking out the windshield) to the lower left right off the corner of the inspection sticker. So its not in the direct line of view, which is good. The company that fixes the cracks is coming today to my office to fix it. Ill see how it comes out, if its still very visible I will most likely have it replaced soon.

The glass guy just got done, I’m happy with the turnout. He basically took the entire bull’s-eye part away and the spider legs, you have to really look for to see. All and all not a bad job, it will hold me over until I can stomach the $900+ price tag to fix it :)

The glass guy just got done, I’m happy with the turnout. He basically took the entire bull’s-eye part away and the spider legs, you have to really look for to see. All and all not a bad job, it will hold me over until I can stomach the $900+ price tag to fix it :)

Just yesterday, I found a windshield repair kit at Wal-Mart.

Anyone who uses this gets what they deserve... but the pros have gotten the process down pretty good and I was impressed with the repair results I saw as well.

Glad it came out OK! :cheers:

Just yesterday, I found a windshield repair kit at Wal-Mart.

Anyone who uses this gets what they deserve... but the pros have gotten the process down pretty good and I was impressed with the repair results I saw as well.

Glad it came out OK! :cheers:

You mean to tell me i could have dont it myself by just going to walmart?? Darn...LOL :lol: Thanks Scott :cheers: