Auto Window Re-programming

I have a 2003 ES300. When the AUTO roll-up is used, the passenger front window rolls up, then rolls back down half way. I have been told by a windo shop, that it has to be taken to a dealer to resent the computer contols in order to correct this problem. Can anyone verity this, or assistance on how to correct this problem?

If there is some restriction while the 'auto up' is operating then the safety mode comes into operation. This will reverse the direction of the window. Check to see that there is nothing that is restricting the window in the upward motion, and if not, I would take the car to your Lexus dealer to make the proper adjustments.

any one actually have the instructions to retime the motor? or done it before???

I NEED TO TOO.. :blink:

I guys, :cries:

I have the same problem....

I have taken the the door apart several times....still cannot find the problem.

There is no restriction, except when the window hits the top.

By the way, this only happens when in the "full" speed mode. On single speed it works fine.

Does anybody know hoe to "time" the motor? much appreciated.

Sovereign

• 6 years later...

I've encountered the same problem on automatic. Window goes up then immediately goes down half way. Only, sometimes the regulator arm will jump out of the track and the window slides to the bottom. I tried to solve the problem by holding the switch in the down and up position three seconds each location, but that has not worked. For now, I but the track back on, connected the regulator and put the window in the up position and disconnected the door switch. That prevents the switch on the driver side panel from lowering the window. I'll keep it that way until I can find instructions on how to reset the regulator travel distance. -- TexPhil

I have a 2001 Lexus RX300. Periodically, when I try to roll the window UP, it goes DOWN. It also happens in the others direction sometimes. I keep hitting the switch until it reaches the lowest/highest point, then it goes the direction I want. :-(

• 3 weeks later...

My 99 ES300 has had this problem for like 60,000 miles now. The mechanic told me that the piece on the door that has the wood and the window controls is what is actually is bad. Apologize for not knowing the name of it. I believe it is a $200-300 part OEM. If you replace that, then it will work correctly, but I'm too lazy to pay for the fix.

Gentlemen,

Here's what I found after a web search, from 3 different sources:

To reset the windows :

Go to the local switch at each window (not from the driver's door) and manually run the window full down then full up, and hold the switch in the up position for a count of three. This must be done at each door, as each window is individually manually reset by doing this. The windows will then operate automatically from both the local switch on each door, and the remote switches on the driver's door. Obviously, the driver's window is reset in the same manner. Good Luck!