- Backseat legroom

- ABS not standard

2006 Honda Civic

Starting MSRP $14,560 – $20,290

Notable Features

• Sedan, coupe, Hybrid and Si models

• Standard ABS

• SULEV emissions

• Five-speed transmissions (except Hybrid)

• Tilt/telescoping steering wheel

• GPS navigation option

Pros

+ Fuel economy (model line)

+ Increased mileage (Hybrid)

+ Six airbags standard

+ Refinement

+ More powerful drivetrains

+ Interior quality, quiet

Cons

- Hybrid's backseat doesn't fold

- No manual Hybrid

- Some headroom/legroom decreases

This is all I need to see about the quality of a KIA or a Hyundai.

No Steve it takes at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours to drive to the dealership. THAT IS OUT OF MY WAY. You have a habit of telling everyone how it is with out knowing the situation.

And now you can tell someone how to form an opinion. I have drove and owned plenty of American made cars. Had a Yukon for 2 weeks as a loaner...Do all Cadillac dealerships do that. My mother in law has a 06 and they sure do not. If I wanted a ENVOY a YUKON or a ESCALADE...that is what I would have bought. I have done enough research on these and other cars and SUV's to form my own opinion. I do not need you to tell me that my opinion is wrong.

Well if you owned an Envoy the dealership would be closer ;)

And I'm not telling you to buy a Envoy, Yukon, or Escalade. I'm just telling you that for 3 years or 50k miles they probably would be just as reliable as a Lexus. I'm sure your sister would have bought a Lexus if thats what she wanted. She wanted an Envoy.

And no, all Cadillac dealers don't do pickup and delivery, but all Lexus dealers don't either.

KIA's and Hyundia's well ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LOOK AT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my opinion ...which according to Steve has to be researched. And before you make a statement about any car you must own it...Steve...do you own a kia or a hyundai...than how can you make a statement like that!

You can dislike how they look, but if you say they are a poorly made an unreliable car you are incorrect. Saying that you don't like the styling is an opinion, saying that they are unreliable and poorly built is a misleading fallacy that comes from your lack of knowledge about those specific brands. I do not own a Kia or Hyundai, but I have seen them in person, driven them, and read the industry articles that talk about their quality relative to Japanese brands. Why do you have to own the car to have an informed opinion about its relative worth? Reliability figures are public knowledge and I've driven the new Hyundais and Kias as well as the Japanese competition. Have you owned an Envoy? Then how can you make statements about them?

And as for your little list there, I like how you omitted the pros for the Kia vehicles and included them for the Toyotas. I also like how you didn't include the new Hyundais that are currently recieving critical acclaim like the Sonata and the Azera too. You should be a politician.

Compare all the new Hyundais to the Toyotas you mentioned, between Kia and Hyundai, Hyundai is the superior car.

Sorry, but the spread of incorrect information irritates me, almost as much as closed-mindedness.

Here's a little stat (the attachment). Surprise surprise. Toyota, Lexus, Honda are on top. Ford is actually average (shocking to me) and look at the American cars. This is why you can have a $10,000 rebate and the car still collects dust on the lot.

I also just noticed this. This attatched stat is pretty old. Notice Oldsmobile is still on there.

If you're going to argue a point, at least have current data to back it up.

No Steve it takes at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours to drive to the dealership. THAT IS OUT OF MY WAY. You have a habit of telling everyone how it is with out knowing the situation.

And now you can tell someone how to form an opinion. I have drove and owned plenty of American made cars. Had a Yukon for 2 weeks as a loaner...Do all Cadillac dealerships do that. My mother in law has a 06 and they sure do not. If I wanted a ENVOY a YUKON or a ESCALADE...that is what I would have bought. I have done enough research on these and other cars and SUV's to form my own opinion. I do not need you to tell me that my opinion is wrong.

Well if you owned an Envoy the dealership would be closer ;)

And I'm not telling you to buy a Envoy, Yukon, or Escalade. I'm just telling you that for 3 years or 50k miles they probably would be just as reliable as a Lexus. I'm sure your sister would have bought a Lexus if thats what she wanted. She wanted an Envoy.

And no, all Cadillac dealers don't do pickup and delivery, but all Lexus dealers don't either.

KIA's and Hyundia's well ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LOOK AT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my opinion ...which according to Steve has to be researched. And before you make a statement about any car you must own it...Steve...do you own a kia or a hyundai...than how can you make a statement like that!

You can dislike how they look, but if you say they are a poorly made an unreliable car you are incorrect. Saying that you don't like the styling is an opinion, saying that they are unreliable and poorly built is a misleading fallacy that comes from your lack of knowledge about those specific brands. I do not own a Kia or Hyundai, but I have seen them in person, driven them, and read the industry articles that talk about their quality relative to Japanese brands. Why do you have to own the car to have an informed opinion about its relative worth? Reliability figures are public knowledge and I've driven the new Hyundais and Kias as well as the Japanese competition. Have you owned an Envoy? Then how can you make statements about them?

And as for your little list there, I like how you omitted the pros for the Kia vehicles and included them for the Toyotas. I also like how you didn't include the new Hyundais that are currently recieving critical acclaim like the Sonata and the Azera too. You should be a politician.

Compare all the new Hyundais to the Toyotas you mentioned, between Kia and Hyundai, Hyundai is the superior car.

Sorry, but the spread of incorrect information irritates me, almost as much as closed-mindedness.

Wow, you have seen them and driven them! As I have seen and driven the cars and suv's that I am talking about. I am not the one that said that I had to own the car! You are the one who said "Do you have an Envoy? If not then how can you make a statement like this?" Why do I have to own a Envoy? And once again you said that I can not make a statement about them if you do not own the car but you can!

Look you have your opinion as I have my own. I did not omit anything all I did is pick a group of cars that are in the same price range. Why would I show the pros that is not the point I am trying to make it is yours...Also I guess that you did not notice that the KIA and the Hundais that I have listed are priced higher than the Toyota and the Hondas so it was not like I was trying to pick the best cars out there that toyota or honda made either???? If you look at the Pro's go ahead and make your point!

I do not understand why I am spreading incorrect information...just seeing how you have to have the last word on every post irritates me...as you have said it is public knowledge...this is how I feel about these cars as I have said over and over...PLEASE SEE THAT I HAVE SAID OVER AND OVER I FEEL AND IT IS MY OPINION...If you think that I am closed minded, I am sure there are plenty of people that feel the same about you here...too! When are you running for re-election???? Do you want to see STEVE IS RIGHT! If that is what it takes to get you to get off my case...sure Steve you are right! :whistles:

Again, nobody is saying that any American car is as reliable as a Toyota, I'm just saying that if you're purchasing or leasing a car you only plan on having for 3 years or 50k miles before buying a new one, probably the benefits of more expensive Japanese cars as far as reliability is concerned is probably a moot point. Sure you have plenty of other benefits like higher quality materials and build, better body integrity etc, but nowadays basically anything will be pretty reliable for 3 years or 50k miles.

Is this your opinion or have you done research to back this up??????????

Wow, you have seen them and driven them! As I have seen and driven the cars and suv's that I am talking about. I am not the one that said that I had to own the car! You are the one who said "Do you have an Envoy? If not then how can you make a statement like this?" Why do I have to own a Envoy? And once again you said that I can not make a statement about them if you do not own the car but you can!

Well in order to make a statement like "An Envoy is going to have significant reliability problems within 50k miles of ownership" you have to have SOME kind of experience with the car. How many cars have you owned that you've had significant mechanical issues younger than 50k miles? The only car thats ever been the case for me oddly enough has been my Lexus. My Lexus has had nearly $4,000 in warranty work done to it.

Look you have your opinion as I have my own. I did not omit anything all I did is pick a group of cars that are in the same price range. Why would I show the pros that is not the point I am trying to make it is yours...Also I guess that you did not notice that the KIA and the Hundais that I have listed are priced higher than the Toyota and the Hondas so it was not like I was trying to pick the best cars out there that toyota or honda made either???? If you look at the Pro's go ahead and make your point!

LOL, how can you say you didnt omit anything. I'm taking about the new Kias and Hyundais, not the older models. Cars like the Amanti, the Azera, etc. Hyundai and Kia are NOW making very good cars that have materials, build quality, and refinement that is just as good as the Japanese competition. Jusry's still out on reliability but we'll see.

"Why would I show the pros that is not the point I am trying to make it is yours"

Because that would have shown a desire to learn the truth instead of prove me wrong, its the way you prove your point with integrity. Like I said before, you should be a politician.

Do you want to see STEVE IS RIGHT! If that is what it takes to get you to get off my case...sure Steve you are right! :whistles:

LOL, I don't care if you agree with me or not and you're welcome to your opinion. Its my opinion that the world is flat and that gravity doesn't exist and that 2+2=12, and thats my opinion so you can't argue with me right? Telling people that an Envoy is a vehicle that is going to plague them with problems before 50,000 miles is incorrect information.

I'm not the one that has to get the last word in on everything, why don't you stop replying to me?

"Again, nobody is saying that any American car is as reliable as a Toyota, I'm just saying that if you're purchasing or leasing a car you only plan on having for 3 years or 50k miles before buying a new one, probably the benefits of more expensive Japanese cars as far as reliability is concerned is probably a moot point. Sure you have plenty of other benefits like higher quality materials and build, better body integrity etc, but nowadays basically anything will be pretty reliable for 3 years or 50k miles."

Is this your opinion or have you done research to back this up??????????

Do you disagree that Lexus vehicles have higher quality materials, build, and better body integrity than GM vehicles?

Unless you do I don't understand your point?

Look, all I'm saying is its not as simple as "Japanese vehicles are the only reliable vehicles on the road anymore". Thats just not true. Everybody has made dramatic improvements in their reliability, the US, Korea, the Germans, and if anything Japanese reliability has had some setbacks.

All I'm saying is everyone thought Toyotas were a joke when they first started selling them here 40 years ago, and now they're the standard by which all other cars are judged. Don't be so quick to dismiss Hyundai for an example because I have a feeling one day people are going to be saying the same thing about them.

Opinions are fine, we all prefer Lexus vehicles obviously because we own them and we're here but they're not the ONLY excellent vehicle on the road and there are plenty of people who legitimately would never think to purchase one for whatever reason. Just because your sister decided not to buy a Lexus she didn't neccissarily make a "horrible decision".

She bought the car she wanted, and she didn't want the car you wanted her to buy. Is the world gonna keep on a turnin? Yep.

No Steve it takes at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours to drive to the dealership. THAT IS OUT OF MY WAY.

And wait a minute, you live in Maryland. Where in Maryland do you live where you're 2 hours from a Lexus dealer?

Guys.... :cheers:

come on, who cares man....so Swo thinks "this" and lexi thinks "that".......

let it go... who gives a sh*t.

swo's right, and lexi is right...swo is wrong, and SO IS lexi...

i'm off base here...

but...life continues... :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Party at the moon-tower. :cheers::ph34r::wacko:

I'm not interested in getting in to this one, but I've yet to read or hear anything bad about the new Hyundais/Kias. Kias and Hyundais were questionable 10 years ago, but I'm not sure I believe that still stands as true today. Yall see the new Sonata? That's a really sharp looking little car car.

No Steve it takes at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours to drive to the dealership. THAT IS OUT OF MY WAY.

And wait a minute, you live in Maryland. Where in Maryland do you live where you're 2 hours from a Lexus dealer?

How is this for you!!!

Starting from: Salisbury, MD 21801 Save Address

Arriving at: Ferguson, Annapolis, MD 21409 Save Address

Distance: 82.7 miles Approximate Travel Time: 2 hours 8 mins

How about we agree to disagree...look I like reading your post and I have learned from them.

:cheers:

How about we agree to disagree...look I like reading your post and I have learned from them.

:cheers:

Ah Salisbury. I thought you were in Rockville for some reason...

I'm perfectly happy to agree to disagree, but you really should do some research into the subject.