I Want The Diesel Version Of The Is250

It get's 45mpg, but of course they only sell it in Europe. WTF!!!!!?

http://www.lexus.co.uk/lexus_cars/is_new/is220d/index.asp (It's called the 220d)

If anyone has anyway to contact the Lexus executives who are in charge of bringing cars to the US market, please post their emails and contact info. I would very much like to speak to them to try to pressure them to release the Diesel version of the IS250 here in America.

Let's get Lexus to release the 220D in the US too.

I know it would be a raging success.

Or if anyone has any advice on how to buy a car in another country and then get it into the US to use, I would be open to that info as well.

Nobody really buys a diesel car in the united states...tho yes it would be cool. Look at every other car brand, like mercedes, we never get their "cdi" diesel cars, especially cause in California, it is illegal to buy a diesel...pollution restrictions

the ends dont justify the means...in their perspective.

Nobody really buys a diesel car in the united states...tho yes it would be cool. Look at every other car brand, like mercedes, we never get their "cdi" diesel cars, especially cause in California, it is illegal to buy a diesel...pollution restrictions

the ends dont justify the means...in their perspective.

I know and that sucks. :( A gallon of diesel is taxed significantly more than a gallon of gasoline (essentially an anti-competitive tariff). I think the oil companies back in the day lobbied to raise taxes on diesel fuel significantly so Americans would standardize on petrol engines. That way the American oil companies could make much more money because the whole US is consuming 20-30% more fuel than they would otherwise. Unfortunately, we ended up making all the Terrorists countries rich too and now we are stuck making them richer because we are completely dependent on their oil. Everytime we fill up the tank on that SUV, we sponsor another suicide bomber or help fund a future Al-Queda plot. That's another reason why I think car manufacturers should bring all their diesel cars and trucks to America. To fight the Terrorists.

Actually Diesel engines have significantly less emissions and would qualify as LEV (Low Emission Vehicles, same as Prius) if it wasn't for the poor quality of diesel fuel (high sulfur) produced in the US. Even with the poor grade fuel, Diesel cars pollute less than gasoline cars and they get 45-50MPG to boot. Mercedes' E320 cdi get's like 47mpg!! and you can get it in the US.

Oh, well. Hopefully someday we'll get some more options to get these types of cars.

I have never seen a new diesel car here in california, they are banned. lol cali has really strict laws about emissions and stuff. and diesel prices are rising, considerably more than petrol here. very interesting stuff. I didnt even know lexus made diesel cars...dont underestimate those japanese guys, they are brilliant. Imagine a diesel hybrid, whoa, that would be crazy. Actually i think they make those now, haha

It get's 45mpg, but of course they only sell it in Europe. WTF!!!!!?

http://www.lexus.co.uk/lexus_cars/is_new/is220d/index.asp (It's called the 220d)

If anyone has anyway to contact the Lexus executives who are in charge of bringing cars to the US market, please post their emails and contact info. I would very much like to speak to them to try to pressure them to release the Diesel version of the IS250 here in America.

Let's get Lexus to release the 220D in the US too.

I know it would be a raging success.

Or if anyone has any advice on how to buy a car in another country and then get it into the US to use, I would be open to that info as well.

The experience of the IS220 diesel drivers in the UK is that 34 mpg is more of a realistic figure. Check the UK forum for IS220 comments.

Our gripe (I'm a Brit) is that the IS350 isn't available in the UK. Having driven one in Houston it has reduced my appreciation of my IS250 SE-L MM... but only a little :lol:

Go here http://www.youtube.com/ and type in IS220D...

There is a very nice review of it...

Another note.... I wish Nissan and Toyota would sell diesel trucks here in the US... Like the New Pathfinder they have in Diesel...

Hybrids are a joke IMHO... Only if you drive around in the city do they provide any value....

Hybrids are a joke IMHO... Only if you drive around in the city do they provide any value....

Why are they a joke? The price differential between the IS250 and IS350 is pretty similar to the price differential between the RX330 and RX400h. The RX400h gives a fair bit more power (45 horsepower) than the RX330 - isn't that worth something? Plus you get the added benefit of much better mileage in the city. Sure your paying more, but you're getting more power + better mileage + lower emmissions. And in many places you get a tax credit from your government - in Ontario we get $1000 back from the government.

Why are they a joke? The price differential between the IS250 and IS350 is pretty similar to the price differential between the RX330 and RX400h. The RX400h gives a fair bit more power (45 horsepower) than the RX330 - isn't that worth something? Plus you get the added benefit of much better mileage in the city. Sure your paying more, but you're getting more power + better mileage + lower emmissions. And in many places you get a tax credit from your government - in Ontario we get $1000 back from the government.

Well.. IMHO I think Auto Makers are spending 2 much resources on this new “Hype”.. Yes it’s better then straight gas engines when your driving around town… BUT… does it help when your not in town?? Also.. what happens in 10 years? You now have two engines instead of one..

I’m huge fan of Diesel engines… They are built like a tank… they provide great fuel economy in all conditions… and when you add Biodiesel to the mix… it’s a win/win for everyone.. its something that is available NOW… Nearly EVERY car that we can get in North America has a Diesel option that you can get over seas…. BMWs, MB, Nissan, Toyota… you name it… its available NOW…

As for the tax credits… Your not getting it from your government… your getting it from your fellow countryman.. Yes your neighbors are helping pay for the premiums of Hybrids…

Don’t get me wrong… Hybrids are better then nothing… but don’t put them on SUVs… keep converting over the Civics, Mazda 3s and Altimas into Hybrids… cars that people can use for city life….

Hybrids are better then nothing… but don’t put them on SUVs… keep converting over the Civics, Mazda 3s and Altimas into Hybrids… cars that people can use for city life….

You should have emailed GM. The Tahoe comes out in Hybrid next.

steviej

Hybrids are better then nothing… but don’t put them on SUVs… keep converting over the Civics, Mazda 3s and Altimas into Hybrids… cars that people can use for city life….

You should have emailed GM. The Tahoe comes out in Hybrid next.

steviej

:) The day the world starts listening to me... We will all be in BIG TROUBLE....