Oxygen Sensors

post-12293-1141317698_thumb.jpgI just had one of my 02 sensors replaced this morning so that I could pass the inspection here.

Here's a list of my expenses which I think are pretty good! I think he charged $45 for the installation because I used the universal sensor which required some wire splicing and added time. What do you guys think?

$35.00 - Diagnostic

$80.00 - Oxygen Sensor

$65.00 - Sensor Installation

$45.00 - Running Inspection

$225 Total.

post-12293-1141317698_thumb.jpgI just had one of my 02 sensors replaced this morning so that I could pass the inspection here.

Here's a list of my expenses which I think are pretty good! I think he charged $45 for the installation because I used the universal sensor which required some wire splicing and added time. What do you guys think?

$35.00 - Diagnostic

$80.00 - Oxygen Sensor

$225 Total.

Man I pay way less than you did today, around 105+ less :P I pay 105.00 for the sensor, and 15.00 for labor Check engine light off Priceless...... :cheers:

I think he means pay $225 for 10m worth of work & some rather inexpencive parts & some "useless" stuff to tack onto a bill.

I try to have an open mind with people... I use the 5 min rule. Once you have any tools, and preperation work done. I understand if the process is gonna take more than 5 min & you simply don't have any intrest in working on a car.

Pay someone else!

Short of that, unless you're paying me to do it; DIY not DIFM!

$35.00 - Diagnostic

$80.00 - Oxygen Sensor

$225 Total.

I just ordered mine from oxygensensors.com $95 install myself. Universal sensor was $45 0r $50. This is the best site that I have found. Good prices, fast service. Best of all the site lets you cross-reference theOEM part number it replaces. Speedyperformance.com's site is confusing and they sent me the wrong part, then they tried to charge me a $24 restocking fee on top of $118 sensor. They said the sensor I needed was backordered and would take 2 weeks. Or I could buy their Denso sensor for $160!

$35.00 - Diagnostic

$80.00 - Oxygen Sensor

$225 Total.

I just ordered mine from oxygensensors.com $95 install myself. Universal sensor was $45 0r $50. This is the best site that I have found. Good prices, fast service. Best of all the site lets you cross-reference theOEM part number it replaces. Speedyperformance.com's site is confusing and they sent me the wrong part, then they tried to charge me a $24 restocking fee on top of $118 sensor. They said the sensor I needed was backordered and would take 2 weeks. Or I could buy their Denso sensor for $160!

I agree that site looks pretty good. What brand sensor did you buy for $95?

$35.00 - Diagnostic

$80.00 - Oxygen Sensor

$225 Total.

I agree that site looks pretty good. What brand sensor did you buy for $95?

I ordered the walker sensor. The Denso was listed for $119. Not bad considering the other site wanted $160 for the Denso.

there's an ebay power seller selling Denso OE O2 sensors for:

Denso 234-4623 $50

Denso O2 Oxygen Sensor 234-4622 $63

i'm currently waiting on mine in the mail. www.sparkplugs.com is another source for sensors.

there's an ebay power seller selling Denso OE O2 sensors for:

Denso 234-4623 $50

Denso O2 Oxygen Sensor 234-4622 $63

i'm currently waiting on mine in the mail. www.sparkplugs.com is another source for sensors.

they are also a good site. Order my plugs and some other things there. Quick shipping too.

Here is a real dumb one. How do you know if your car is a Calif car or not?