Lexus Emblems And Grille Replacement

leximus

I'd like to change my old gold Lexus emblems, specifically on the rear of the car. Does anyone know if they're attached by screws? How do they come off? I'd like to purchase 3 new emblems: the logo emblem, the "Lexus" emblem and I'm going to also purchase th "V8" emblem, all from Lextacy.com. Has anyone ever purchased emblems from here? I know that they come with the 3M tape as fasteners. Is that what is holding my current original emblems on? Also, I'm finding it hard to replace my gold grille (with the chrome horizontal lines inside behind the gold "L" emblem. Anyone know where I can purchase one for a descent price? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Leximus

The emblems on the back aren't attached by screws, its adhesive tape. To remove them, try using a hair dryer and a plastic putty knife or, if you have good hands, a flathead screwdriver with tape on the end. After you get them off, just wipe the area down with alcohol or acetone to prep for the new emblems.

As for your other questions, sorry but I can't help you out witht them.

The emblems on the back aren't attached by screws, its adhesive tape. To remove them, try using a hair dryer and a plastic putty knife or, if you have good hands, a flathead screwdriver with tape on the end. After you get them off, just wipe the area down with alcohol or acetone to prep for the new emblems.

As for your other questions, sorry but I can't help you out witht them.

I'd SERIOUSLY recommend NOT using Acetone.......................

My '94 LS had faded gold emblems and faded gold radiator grille trim. So I took them off, and sent them to a guy in OK who replated them, and brought them back to life. I also bought and had replated an "LS400" emblem, which was not on the Gen 1 cars originally. Looks great. Cost about $120 overall, cheaper than buying new ones, especially if you want a new or used grille trim.

The rear emblems have holes in the trunk to position them. They are held with adhesive, but I also used contact cement as an added securement. Best of luck.

I'd like to change my old gold Lexus emblems, specifically on the rear of the car. Does anyone know if they're attached by screws? How do they come off? I'd like to purchase 3 new emblems: the logo emblem, the "Lexus" emblem and I'm going to also purchase th "V8" emblem, all from Lextacy.com. Has anyone ever purchased emblems from here? I know that they come with the 3M tape as fasteners. Is that what is holding my current original emblems on? Also, I'm finding it hard to replace my gold grille (with the chrome horizontal lines inside behind the gold "L" emblem. Anyone know where I can purchase one for a descent price? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Leximus

Hit up Skperformance on these boards. He might have emblems for you. ;)

front emblem on grille is removable, look from behind the grille and you will see 2 small nuts holding the emblem.

pls do not use either miniral sprit or any alcohols to remove glue, simply rub the glue off with your thumb. if its too stubborn, get tape glue remover from any hardware or home depot or a couple of bucks. that thing is safe, i've used it.

good new emblems are available on ebay motors.

front emblem on grille is removable, look from behind the grille and you will see 2 small nuts holding the emblem.

pls do not use either miniral sprit or any alcohols to remove glue, simply rub the glue off with your thumb. if its too stubborn, get tape glue remover from any hardware or home depot or a couple of bucks. that thing is safe, i've used it.

good new emblems are available on ebay motors.

Mineral spirits or alcohol will not damage the paint or finish of the car. Moreover, the use of those products is not solely to remove the glue but also other impurities on the finish of the car, such as wax, polish, tar, etc. Tape remover alone most likely will not accomplish this. The reason I say to use the aforementioned is to ensure a strong bond for the new emblems. Keep in mind I'm not saying wipe your entire trunk lid down with alcohol or mineral spirits, just the small area of where you are going to apply your emblem. Once you apply the new emblems you can always go back and polish around them to get some finish back on your paint if it appears somewhat dull.

I've never heard of anyone at the detailing and body shops i've worked at ever using tape remover in anyway for this process, so I don't have any input on that....

DONT USE SCREWDRIVERS ON THE REAR EMBLEMS ONE SLIP AND ULL SCRATCH UR CAR i did taht and i regret it USE FISHING WIRE IT WILL CUT RIGHT THROUGH THA TAPE and i bougt emblems off ebay for about 100ish and they were genuine the guy lived about 20 miles away from me and i had a look at them before i bought them this was about a year ago and there isnt any wear on them so far i can send a pic of them if you would like to see them

mmhm use the plastic kind idk wht its called since i dont fish lol but dont get metal wire get the plastic kind or w/e it is but its fishing wire i kno for sure

---wait a minute this just occured to me FLOSS LOL crazy as it sounds it just might work i would try on my car but i want to keep my emblems on but the fishing line only costs like $3 at most so get taht if the floss doesnt work