Help With My Gx Homelink And Craftsman Garage Door

Love my GX470

Hello Everyone,

I have a GX 470 and trying to program my Craftsman garage door to it. I had this same issue with my old Craftsman garage door opener and purchased the newer 315 Mghz opener with Home Link compatibility. Did the following verbatim per owner's manual, and to my dismay, it still won't work:

- Pressed home link button and remote simultaneously

- Remote 1-2 inches away from home link console

- Pressed until slow flash to rapid flash (20 seconds)

* not opening/closing

Tried the Rolling Code method too, no luck.

Please, anyone help! Much apprecated!

Hello Everyone,

I have a GX 470 and trying to program my Craftsman garage door to it. I had this same issue with my old Craftsman garage door opener and purchased the newer 315 Mghz opener with Home Link compatibility. Did the following verbatim per owner's manual, and to my dismay, it still won't work:

* not opening/closing

I think that you only press the garage door opener button after it starts to flash...maybe not!

Try pressing the remote button over and over. My mother in laws Caddy would not accept the code when holding the garage door button down. If it still does not work do a search alot of people have had same problem here is one it may help... http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...274&hl=homelink

Good luck!

I tried the same thing (rolling code issue) as I live in a condo......botton line is I can't program it so I have to live with the remote because the technology is more advanced than my 2001 Lexus so it's not compatible. :( Even called the maker of the remote to see if there was some sort of a by-pass.......nada.

:cheers:

I tried the same thing (rolling code issue) as I live in a condo......botton line is I can't program it so I have to live with the remote because the technology is more advanced than my 2001 Lexus so it's not compatible. :( Even called the maker of the remote to see if there was some sort of a by-pass.......nada.

I had the same problem programming my 2001 ES300. It finally worked when I followed the instructions from the beginning of the non HomeLink/Rolling code instructions. Once that process is completed, and the system rejects the code, then continue with the HomeLing/Rolling code instructions. Now it works fine. This worked for my ES, but I assume most models are programmed the same way.

I had the same problem programming my 2001 ES300. It finally worked when I followed the instructions from the beginning of the non HomeLink/Rolling code instructions. Once that process is completed, and the system rejects the code, then continue with the HomeLing/Rolling code instructions. Now it works fine. This worked for my ES, but I assume most models are programmed the same way.

If you live in your own home with garage, you can get it to work.......in a condo (because of security apparently) it's not possible unfortunately........I overturned every stone possible to get around it (other than calling for a 'Condo board of directors' vote to change it - my hand to god, I am sol lol). :(

Hello Everyone,

* not opening/closing

After completing what you've already done, go to the Craftsman garage door opener and press the reset button on the back. It seems that unless this last step is not done, it won't work.

Ok folks, after many attempts from everyone's suggestions (none of which worked but sincerely appreciated), I have finally found the solution to the Home Link myth if you have a standard Craftsman 1/2 HP garage door opener. Feast your eyes on the simplicity of this procedure:

1. Get a small ladder to reach your garage door opener

2. Locate the square "learning button" behind opener

3. I had my keys at "ACC" position, not sure it matters

4. Press and release learning button

5. Go inside car and press one of your designated Home Link buttons until you hear a click and light flash from your garage door opener, then release

6. Garage door has now "learned" your Homelink system

7. Be sure to press Home link button for about 2 seconds and "wa---laaa!" Open sezzzmeee!

Ok folks, after many attempts from everyone's suggestions (none of which worked but sincerely appreciated), I have finally found the solution to the Home Link myth if you have a standard Craftsman 1/2 HP garage door opener. Feast your eyes on the simplicity of this procedure:

1. Get a small ladder to reach your garage door opener

2. Locate the square "learning button" behind opener

3. I had my keys at "ACC" position, not sure it matters

4. Press and release learning button

5. Go inside car and press one of your designated Home Link buttons until you hear a click and light flash from your garage door opener, then release

6. Garage door has now "learned" your Homelink system

7. Be sure to press Home link button for about 2 seconds and "wa---laaa!" Open sezzzmeee!

That's the button I wanted you to push, but I guess my explanation was a little too vague. :blushing:

Its really tricky in my experience, I found the tutorials on Homelink.com more helpful than the manual.

Good to see you Alan, we've missed you around here.

Thank's Steve-

I pop into LOC pretty often, but I haven't posted very much. I guess I'm in one of my quiet moods. :)

Here's a picture of my new car.......and it doesn't have any transmission hesitation. :P

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/amf...06003-72dpi.jpg