Narrowing Down Tire Choices

LexusLooker

Found this at Michelin...Radial XSE:

I guess the Plus "is" XSE.:wacko:

That would be my guess as well. ;) I read the same thing on the website......but did not notice a seperate 'XSE' model itself. B)

:cheers:

Hi Everyone!

I have to get tires for my 92 LS soon. Right now they're on MXV4's but only gave about 30K...Pretty disappointing..I'm wondering if any of you have put Bridgestone Turanza LS H tires on your LS cars..Have you noticed any difference? Which do you think is better? My LS only drives once a week and never in bad weather..

Thanks,

Sam

I think Kewlguy has the Bridgestones on his 93. I know my spare tire in the trunk is the bridgestone tire. It's never been used, came with the car back in 95.

I think Kewlguy has the Bridgestones on his 93. I know my spare tire in the trunk is the bridgestone tire. It's never been used, came with the car back in 95.

Ill put in my word for the goodyear comforttreads, i have tremendously impressed with them, i got them last january of 05 and we had a banner year of rain so cal, and these things rocked. really comfortable, high rolling resistance apparently though. jus' mah $0.02.

• 1 year later...

Found this at Michelin...Radial XSE:

I guess the Plus "is" XSE.:wacko:

That would be my guess as well. ;) I read the same thing on the website......but did not notice a seperate 'XSE' model itself. B)

:cheers:

Hi Everyone!

I have to get tires for my 92 LS soon. Right now they're on MXV4's but only gave about 30K...Pretty disappointing..I'm wondering if any of you have put Bridgestone Turanza LS H tires on your LS cars..Have you noticed any difference? Which do you think is better? My LS only drives once a week and never in bad weather..

Thanks,

Sam

Hi guys, man it was tough not having LOC yesterday! I was going through withdrawals.

We've all seen (or authored, or contributed to) the gazillion threads about "what's the best tire for MEEE". We roll our eyes, mutter "not another one, can't they SEARCH?", but we read ever word of them and tuck the varied pieces of information away for when it's our turn to replace our ride's shoes.

OK, it's my turn!! My Toyo Proxes TPTs are worn enough to not feel too bad about throwing them away. I have 35K on them and the noise and vibration are driving me batty (sound familiar Steve?). I could probably get 5-10K more out of them, but the handling has deteriorated a lot with the way they have worn - apparently they tend to feather edge. I've searched and read and searched more, and I've narrowed down from Falken, Dunlop, Continental and Bridgestone to MXV4 plus, largely based on Steve's and Blake's recommendations. They seem to be as freaky about noise/vibration/feel as I am. Buuuut...I noticed that Tire Rack is selling the Yokohama Avid V4s for $80, compared to $140 for the MXVs. So I'm asking for an update from members who have the Avids and the MXVs as well as general advice.

Anybody have the Avids for a few thousand miles? I've typically heard good things about Yokos, and the reviews (I know...grain of salt...) are good on the V4s for noise, ride and handling. The reviews say they stink in the ice/snow, which is rare here. I think either 90LSBob or 99LSGuy put these on. Any updates on the MXVs after a few miles? Of course, the Avid is a performance tire, and the MXV is a touring tire.

I don't particularly care about mileage. All tires lose a lot of their luster halfway through their useful life; a long lasting tire means that much more time to suffer through the last half of life! I'm more interested in quietness, smoothness (not necessarily softness, just overall feel) and handling.

Thanks guys.

James

Toyo Proxes last an unbelievable 10K before they were trashed great choice lexus...not ..I went ahead with Yokohama AVID V4s an amazing V rated tire that has lasted 18K....however the warranty is 60K so I contacted my local discount tires great service great advise and tires at great price..they'll even match tire rack with delivery pricing :) tire rack has an amazing site and you can get all the info you need when trying to choose your replacement tires.

Anyhoo I digress the short story is they are allowing me to purchase Yokohama YK520s with a 60K warranty for $50 each installed with tire hazard warranty too thrown in the tires can be bought around $560 for a set of 4 and thats not installed balanced etc so Im getting a great deal. I will report on how these YK520s work out. You cant really go wrong with any of the yokohama V rated tires that have a 60K warranty pretty much the best Ive seen :cheers: