Blizzard '06

Hey,

I live in the Northeast and we just got hammered with snow this weekend. Does anyone have some interesting stories to tell about their drives? How were the snow tires you had on the car if any?

I'll begin. Driving was a heck lot of fun up with all that snow. I have on Michellin Pilot PAs and they were great. They tend to slip a bit in three or more inches of snow but the VSC did a great job of keeping me on course and moving. I tried to make the car spin out a couple of times turning from stop signs but it never happened. :)

Hey,

I live in the Northeast and we just got hammered with snow this weekend. Does anyone have some interesting stories to tell about their drives? How were the snow tires you had on the car if any?

I'll begin. Driving was a heck lot of fun up with all that snow. I have on Michellin Pilot PAs and they were great. They tend to slip a bit in three or more inches of snow but the VSC did a great job of keeping me on course and moving. I tried to make the car spin out a couple of times turning from stop signs but it never happened. :)

Good to hear, So many people think rear wheel drive is no good in snow and they couldn't be more wrong. I live in MN. and I love the rear wheel drive.:cheers:

:D

I know this is about GS's but my RX did great sitting in the garage until the plows has cleaned all of the snow off of the streets. We only got a few inches and it was not worth getting the RX dirty for. The RX is all wheel drive but I'd be pretty upset if I did something stupid and put it in a ditch...Drove my Jeep!!! That's fun to drive in the snow, don't want to hit anything but if I do...I will sure be glad that I was not in my RX.

on this subject I am getting ready to get some new tires, I was going to grab some Bridgestone Blizzaks.....But according to my local tire guy they have to be take off in the spring...so her suggested I go with Goodyear Triple tred tires, they are a little expesinve but he says they are great for rear wheel drive cars

on this subject I am getting ready to get some new tires, I was going to grab some Bridgestone Blizzaks.....But according to my local tire guy they have to be take off in the spring...so her suggested I go with Goodyear Triple tred tires, they are a little expesinve but he says they are great for rear wheel drive cars

My dealer recommended the Michelin A/S, and it has been awesome. Night and day from my stock Potenza's. I put a more full review of them right after I got them put on, I had a blow out in our first snow of the year. Do a search for Michelin and you should find it. Was close to a couple months ago, I guess. They handled very well in the snow and rain, and the ride is so much better than what it was. I paid around 1100, if I remember right, for the dealer to do it for me (they were as competitive as getting them from tirerack and having them mounted.).

Oh, also I bought the above mentioned winter tires from tirerack.com (great website). $87 each totaling $348 + s&h. Grand total in the amount of $388. I also received a $50 mail-in rebate (I think it's still going on right now). So, all in all these tires wound up costing me $338; not bad for a set of brand new winter tires.

Nick

hah, i didn't get snow tires but... i sure had a good time trying to get my car out of my parking space which was open space meaning, it snowed. i went out only to find 2 feet of snow on TOP of my GS. meaning... it was taller than me! i cleared the snow off the trunk, climbed on the trunk and shoveled the rest of the snow off the roof... and then i fell off but landed in like 4 ft of snow so it didn't hurt.

live in flushing queens... one of the hardest hit area.

i found it better getting my car out without the snow option on and without VSC. but when driving on the streets, definately need the snow option and vsc (but in general, its just more fun without VSC).

good thing i decided to get rims and the borla exhaust during the spring.

hah, i didn't get snow tires but... i sure had a good time trying to get my car out of my parking space which was open space meaning, it snowed. i went out only to find 2 feet of snow on TOP of my GS. meaning... it was taller than me! i cleared the snow off the trunk, climbed on the trunk and shoveled the rest of the snow off the roof... and then i fell off but landed in like 4 ft of snow so it didn't hurt.

live in flushing queens... one of the hardest hit area.

i found it better getting my car out without the snow option on and without VSC. but when driving on the streets, definately need the snow option and vsc (but in general, its just more fun without VSC).

good thing i decided to get rims and the borla exhaust during the spring.

hey, you climbed onto your trunk?!? and it didn't dent in?

i'm pretty afraid of even leaning on my hood to clean the windshields... the sheet metal feels so thin on the GS IMO.

yeah, well, it did like warp in a little, but keep didn't like dent in permanently. i don't plan to do it again tho haha. it just for the occassion of now. i was on the roof of the car too, but near the edge where its supported. if i stood in the middle, i'd be afraid of caving in or falling through the moonroof haha.

it snowed too much to go drifting in an empty parking lot... i just need like 6 inches, should be just perfect hehe