1999 Ls400 Emblems

riesenschnauzer2000

I purchased a 99 LS400 w/navi yesterday, 38,000 miles from the original owner (he's retired & rarely drove it). When I asked about the missing emblems on the OEM rims he said 2 of them fell off shortly after he got the car. So he pryed off the other two because he figured they would fall off as well - he saved them too...

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me where I can get 4 new emblems for my 1999 LS400. An online site or some feedback on what part number these emblems are if I must purchase from the dealership would be very much appreciated.

BTW, I traveled over 600 miles to purchase this particular LS400 and on my drive back home I averaged over 27mpg! Won't miss the 2000 bmw 540 I'll soon be selling.

Thanks!

You will have to buy a whole new center cap to get the emblems.

That sucks... I was afraid of that. I was hoping I could just get the little "L" emblem.

For the two emblems that he gave to me, are there any glues/adhesives that work really well?

Thanks for your reply & the info, I do appreciate the feedback.

Hold on. I think KO confused plastic emblems with the solid logo that you want to put on your center caps.

I was missing one logo on my 94LS that I bought used 2 years ago. After a lot of vigilence, I found 2 used center caps on EBay. The caps were alloy finish, while my caps are shiny, but they did have 2 gold logos. I bought the caps for about 25 bucks, and removed the logos. The logo had a worn out gold finish, so I had to spray it with a shiny gold paint. Then I found out that the logo did not fit the holes in the center cap exactly. But close enough to make it work OK, with a little Krazy glue. 2 years later, and the logo still looks fine. I used the other logo as an extra "Lexus Emblem" in the rear window-looks great.

So I guess the answer is to see if you can get the logos on an internet auction, or possible this forum. I've never seen them for sale at a retail place-maybe they're at a junk yard, but that would be a real longshot. I got an "LS400" logo via this forum, and it looks great on the trunk of my '94, since they didn't have "LS400" logos until the 95 model year.

Best of luck.

Hold on. I think KO confused plastic emblems with the solid logo that you want to put on your center caps.

I was missing one logo on my 94LS that I bought used 2 years ago. After a lot of vigilence, I found 2 used center caps on EBay. The caps were alloy finish, while my caps are shiny, but they did have 2 gold logos. I bought the caps for about 25 bucks, and removed the logos. The logo had a worn out gold finish, so I had to spray it with a shiny gold paint. Then I found out that the logo did not fit the holes in the center cap exactly. But close enough to make it work OK, with a little Krazy glue. 2 years later, and the logo still looks fine. I used the other logo as an extra "Lexus Emblem" in the rear window-looks great.

So I guess the answer is to see if you can get the logos on an internet auction, or possible this forum. I've never seen them for sale at a retail place-maybe they're at a junk yard, but that would be a real longshot. I got an "LS400" logo via this forum, and it looks great on the trunk of my '94, since they didn't have "LS400" logos until the 95 model year.

Best of luck.

Thanks. I have been looking at eBay for both the center caps and or new replacement "L" emblems. I think I might try and buy 2 center caps and then try to glue the two emblems I do have back onto the center caps... Thanks for your reply & info.

Best of luck.

Personally FreddT, i really don't know what material they are? but it sounded like a perfect fit seeing as:

"This small lexus emblem is made from Lexus center caps that we purchased in quantity that are now discontinued. We hand laid 3M double sided tape and have them for limited time only" (Quote form Lextasy.com)

Hey riesenschnauzer2000 did you check it out? here's a good pic see if it's the same size and all!

post-20216-1139838059_thumb.jpg

if not i think lexus-parts.com has cheap prices on caps $50ish?