Engine Knocking - Figured Out

maniek_LS

Hi,

this week my mechanic took off right cylinder head and now it is clear why my engine knocking when cold :cries: .

Stupid/idiot previous owner ? mechanic ? dropped something very hard to cylinder and cranked engine.

Piston was damaged, flatted, deformed and one of rings cracked. As you can see on photos (http://www.ls400.waw.pl/Uszkodzonytlok/photos/photo5.html) all of ring were bashed in.

Today I ordered used engine and tomorrow mechanic will do 'transplantation'. Thanks to God cylinder is not damaged (only little scratch - in my mechanic opinion not to big to replace engine block).

I'll try to make more photos and share them with you.

Photos are on my (yesterday I bought domain and page is poor now) web site. I promise to create prof LS 400 site with Polish lexus enthusiasts :-)

http://www.ls400.waw.pl/Uszkodzonytlok/index.html

YEAH.... POLISH POWER!!!

I was just in Lithuania and I did not see one LS400 in the whole country. Tons of BMW's, Mercedes and some Jags. So there is a massive amount of car trafficing in Lithuania. Is this the situation in Poland. Plan on going ot Warsaw in a few months. Good luck with your LS. Cheers from America! BTW I am 25% Polish!

YEAH.... POLISH POWER!!!

I was just in Lithuania and I did not see one LS400 in the whole country. Tons of BMW's, Mercedes and some Jags. So there is a massive amount of car trafficing in Lithuania. Is this the situation in Poland. Plan on going ot Warsaw in a few months. Good luck with your LS. Cheers from America! BTW I am 25% Polish!

Lexus was no so popular in 90'ties, but from few years you can see more lexuses and other (I'm sorry) exotic cars (big doggies, chevis, hummers etc). Most of cars in East Europe there are European cars - MB, BMW, French cars, but you can see many toyota on streets.

LS is a car with big engine (from our petrol price perspective) and this is main reason why you can't see many of them.

When you will come to Warsaw I'll be glad to meet you (contact me few days before - contact details are in my profile). What means 25% ? Left or right leg is from Poland ?? :F :D

In America we have parents from all over the world. My grandparents are from Ireland, Poland and Qubec. So I am 50% French Canadian, 25% Irish and Polish.

Yeah GAS is expensive in Europe. I always laugh when my friends blame Bush and cry about gas. If they only had a clue! Yeah the engine size is a big deal. Did not see many SUB's or big engines in Lithuania.