Navigation

I have 2000 RX300 and it has no navigation is it possible to purchase one and it work correctly.

If you're talking about the factory installed Navigation, it may be possible but be prepared to shell out some big cash. At least a couple grand for parts/labor I bet.

I have 2000 RX300 and it has no navigation is it possible to purchase one and it work correctly.

If you're talking about the factory installed Navigation, it may be possible but be prepared to shell out some big cash. At least a couple grand for parts/labor I bet.

I can tell you that you are going to pay around 2k for the parts alone, Then there is the issue of building a custom wiring harness. I knew a guy who I sold a nav system to who had a 00 rx he had to tear the car down to get to the body harness, After hours and hours of intense labor and a custom made harness he got the nav to work. He is the ONLY person that I have ever heard of to succesfully install a nav into a non nav rx. Very unlikely you will succeed. One of the most difficult installs that I have ever been involved with.

if you are able to install a nav system on a non nav vehicle, you are going to have to do it 3rd party. Lexus dealerships won't/can't install them. You would have to get all of the components elsewhere and get someone to do the install. If you want nav for your car, you are better off getting one of those mobile ones, like TomTom or Magellan.

if you are able to install a nav system on a non nav vehicle, you are going to have to do it 3rd party. Lexus dealerships won't/can't install them. You would have to get all of the components elsewhere and get someone to do the install. If you want nav for your car, you are better off getting one of those mobile ones, like TomTom or Magellan.

I 100% agree, Aftermarket is the way to go in this situation.

• 1 month later...

I am not agree with all the above answers.

It is not difficult to ad the nav system if you have the proper radio and screen equipment.

If your radio has the nav buttons, then you have the nav hardware in the front. In this case, half of the work is already done. In case that you have the multi.info display, then forget to ad the nav system, You will need to change everyhing, radio, cd changer, screen, and ad all the CPU wires, antenna...

Lets go back to the previous scenario. You have the proper radio and screen.

Then you have to go to the trunk, and besides the floor, check if you have the van computer connectros. It is esasy to see beacuse are two connectors of 20 and 10 pins.

If you have them, the only thing that you need to buy is a nav computer and a dvd map. You can buy it in Ebay, but it will cost you around 1k. Too much when you can have a portable GPS for 400.