Michelin Tweels

dcfish

Well to be honest, I think it looks ridiculous.....but an intresting concept. B)

:cheers:

If they made it look like a Pneumatic tire cosmetically it wouldn't be so bad. Just think no more flats/spare tire, checking pressure etc... Of course they would have to offer a variety of wheel choices.

It is supposed to have a better ride than pneumatic tires but since very few have driven in one a unbiased rating is hard to come by.

Also it would have to be enclosed in some sort of way other wise dirt and snow would build up causing it to get extremely off balance and vibrate excessively . I know this from my 17 inch rims on my civic , they have such large opening s that snow gets in there and makes them really vibrate the car when snow compacts in there and won't spin out for nothing.

Oh I'm sure it'll have a sidewall, this is just to show off the inner structure.

Probably the future in tires here...

If this is the future in tires I welcome it. When I saw the first pair of runflats several years ago I thought an airless tire wasn't too far away. Maybe ?