Is350 Issues Anyone?

Small problem with my new IS350:

Washer fluid won't come out of the main jets. The headlamp washers work fine, but pulling the wiper control upwards causes the wipers to activate but the windshield stays dry. I don't hear any kind of pump trying to push the fluid out, and I have checked that the fluid is topped off.

Probably a no-brainer 'take it in' situation, but perhaps someone has a no-brainer 'try this' solution?

Thanks,

Jason

Well, I may be misunderstanding your "upwards", but to squirt, you pull the control "backwards", i.e. toward your chest, not "upwards". Upwards does what you state - just operates the wiper once.

Hope that helps.

Small problem with my new IS350:

Washer fluid won't come out of the main jets. The headlamp washers work fine, but pulling the wiper control upwards causes the wipers to activate but the windshield stays dry. I don't hear any kind of pump trying to push the fluid out, and I have checked that the fluid is topped off.

Probably a no-brainer 'take it in' situation, but perhaps someone has a no-brainer 'try this' solution?

Thanks,

Jason

Well, I may be misunderstanding your "upwards", but to squirt, you pull the control "backwards", i.e. toward your chest, not "upwards". Upwards does what you state - just operates the wiper once.

Hope that helps.

Being a little picky.. one minor issue I have is the turning signal will not shut off 90% of the time.... even if I turn left.... then proceeded around a right curve... I'll look down and the left signal is still on...

A little picky... but like women... the car would be boring if it was perfect!!

Being a little picky.. one minor issue I have is the turning signal will not shut off 90% of the time.... even if I turn left.... then proceeded around a right curve... I'll look down and the left signal is still on...

I don't think that's being picky at all. A turn signal not cancelling would drive me nuts, especially on a car like this. Even if we were talking about a new Kia instead of a new Lexus, I wouldn't want to put up with even a minor malfunction like that.

I don't think that's being picky at all. A turn signal not cancelling would drive me nuts, especially on a car like this. Even if we were talking about a new Kia instead of a new Lexus, I wouldn't want to put up with even a minor malfunction like that.

lol.. well I forgot to tell them at the 5000... I'll make sure I do @ 7500... Its just so a great car.... I'm afraid letting the tech dive into something will only cause more issues...

lol.. well I forgot to tell them at the 5000... I'll make sure I do @ 7500... Its just so a great car.... I'm afraid letting the tech dive into something will only cause more issues...

park the car on level ground. center the steering wheel ("L") in center of the steering wheel.

Now, get out and look at the direction of the tires. Are they aimed (pointing) straight?

If not and they are angeled, and turning any which way but "dead on center" that is why the turn signal is not cancelling.

Could be the rim/wheel brushed a curb or the car was driven into or over a large divot or pothole.

Could be the alignment is off. Alignments are covered for 12 months or 12K whichever comes first PROVIDED NO OUTSIDE INFLUENCE cause the alignment to go bad (ie: roling over a curb, large potjole, impacting a parking stop etc etc etc)

park the car on level ground. center the steering wheel ("L") in center of the steering wheel.

Now, get out and look at the direction of the tires. Are they aimed (pointing) straight?

If not and they are angeled, and turning any which way but "dead on center" that is why the turn signal is not cancelling.

Could be the rim/wheel brushed a curb or the car was driven into or over a large divot or pothole.

Could be the alignment is off. Alignments are covered for 12 months or 12K whichever comes first PROVIDED NO OUTSIDE INFLUENCE cause the alignment to go bad (ie: roling over a curb, large potjole, impacting a parking stop etc etc etc)

I'll take a look at that just to be sure.. thanks for the tip! But I dont think that is the case... Its been like this since I remember.. plus @ my 5000 service.. they rotated the tires before they rotated them again! I'm not sure if they align the tires during a remount...?

Again thanks for the help..

• 5 months later...

I have a brand new IS350 and have noticed a few problems. This is my first Lexus and I'm somewhat disappointed that I'm already experiencing some rattles and buzzing sounds in the dashboard. It's hard to figure out where exactly but it's the front left and right side.

I've also noticed the notorious problems that BMW used to have with the front wheels turning black. I assume this is break dust. I'm experiencing the same thing. I clean the wheels on the weekend and by Tuesday/Wednesday they are completely black.

Anyone else have similar problems/issues with the IS350?

thanks

The brake dust on all vehicles with disk brakes is normal, due to the air flow difference the rear wheels don't show the dust, they just don't get it like the front..

The IS 350 has the same brakes as the bigger GS, Lexus says the front brakes on the IS 350 may not last 20,000 miles, they are high preformance pads... Notice how they bring the car down from any speed with out fade!!! In test drives on the track with outsde air temp over 100 deg no brake fade at all reported..

George

A note on the brake dust. Beware of advice to put a harder, metallic/semi-metallic pad on to reduce the dust. I did this about six years ago on my car. The alloy in the pad slowly ate the wheel's clear coat finish as the dust was thrown from the pad onto the wheel over time. These braking systems are so finely tuned. My neighbor's Volvo S60, my friends Audi A6, and my MINI Cooper "S" all show front brake dust after driving about 10 miles around town. I expect I'll be changing pads in about 20K. My MINI's brake pads were replaced at 15K but luckily it was covered by BMW and didn't cost.

I'll take a look at that just to be sure.. thanks for the tip! But I dont think that is the case... Its been like this since I remember.. plus @ my 5000 service.. they rotated the tires before they rotated them again! I'm not sure if they align the tires during a remount...?

Again thanks for the help..

you say they rotated your tires?

your info says that you have an is 350.

tires can't/shouldn't be rotated.

could tis be the ghost in the machine?

Hey guys new here....

I just got my 07IS350. Love it in every way except for the Sirius Sat. Radio issue and when I completely turn the wheel in either direction I get a very large tire (or what feels like) tire vibration. Anyone feel this?

Ed

Hey guys new here....

I just got my 07IS350. Love it in every way except for the Sirius Sat. Radio issue and when I completely turn the wheel in either direction I get a very large tire (or what feels like) tire vibration. Anyone feel this?

Ed

I noticed this only when its cold.. not sure if that has anything to do with it... just thats the only time I notice it... along with a crazy noise...

It doesnt feel like its a good thing for the cars... sooo I just try not to turn it all the way...

4K miles and 10 weeks. Only minor issues I am saving to combine with the first oil change:

1. Turn signal cancel not 100%.

2. Change some personal settings - you get this free once in first 12 months.

3. TPMS showing low pressure twice in 6 weeks. Was about 3-4 psi low each time. Could be just weather got cold, then colder still, leading to drop in pressure.

I like their donuts and coffee, but do not want to waste my time or theirs.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a brand new IS350 and have noticed a few problems. This is my first Lexus and I'm somewhat disappointed that I'm already experiencing some rattles and buzzing sounds in the dashboard. It's hard to figure out where exactly but it's the front left and right side.

I've also noticed the notorious problems that BMW used to have with the front wheels turning black. I assume this is break dust. I'm experiencing the same thing. I clean the wheels on the weekend and by Tuesday/Wednesday they are completely black.

thanks

John,

The brake dust is because of the type of pads the IS has, there is no cure, you also notice the IS has the best brakes of about any car you have ever driven... Expect to not get the mileage on the front brakes as other cars, if I'm not mistaken Lexus says 20,000 miles may be all you will get depending on how you drive..

I have 12,800 miles on mine and the only problem is a little noise that sounds like a diesel on cold mornings when starting off, Lexus says it normal..

Fantastic vehicle..

George

Hey these are really not huge issues here, cheers to Lexus for making a great car.

things wrong with my 350 after 3000 miles:

-crackling in one of my speakers, I'll have them fix at my 5K service

-brake dust...but no more than any BMW or MB out there. I expected it.

-it's too fast... :cheers:

btw, you can get Sirius aftermarket integrated with the stock head unit, I've been very happy with mine.

• 1 month later...

Have 06 350 - LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! -

But - a) the dash did rattle - after bringing it into Lexus 3 times, it was found that there was a service advisory about this - they fixed it (with a clip of some sort) and it has not been a problem since..I do notice now that my sunroof iss rattling though.

and B) - yes the brake dust is an issue - though not a big one for me - but I can not go a week without the fron wheels (18") coated black...eventhe car wash does not get it off (Lexus car wash by me s*cks..but even a highpriced car wash does not get it all off). I always have to wipe them clean.

To me - these problems cedrtianly do not out weight the fun I have with this car - can not wait for the 500 to come out!!

D

• 2 months later...

thanks

This break dust question comes up a lot and it mistifies me. Break dust on the front wheels... especially performance oriented cars like ours is a given. I had a 2004 Corvette beforehand and had the same exact problem. It's not a defect... just a fact of life... like gravity.

As for the dash noise... if it's a plastic flexing sound, I have the same sound. It comes from the plastic housing of the center vents in the dash. It is a slight noise and from what I have read it is unfortunately somewhat common. It is not enough on my to warrant having the dealership take apart my dash. That's the only "issue" I've found with my car... it's an amazing car.

when you say you hear rattles do u mean when your driving or when you turn your car off. i was very dissapointed tonight to hear that tat tat tat sound coming from my car after i turned it off. is that normal?

Could be the sound of engine cooling off? Since you said after turning off the engine, I would suspect that. Was it coming from front under the hood? I have seen/heard things like that on other cars (not in my IS 250 yet)

Issues:

from Dr KM:

I have had my IS 350 for 17 months now-- only 12000 miles, but I have never had ANY problems with this car. I have owned Caddies, Mercedes, a TR4, and many others, all new---all had at least one problem---some very minor. I must say my 2006 Lex is the best of the best in my book. As for brake dust, you must ask your dealer to replace the pads with the "Low dust" variety. It is an option at most Lexus dealers, it will not violate your war. As for some of the small problems, I think it would not be unfair to state, when you select the car, you must also use the same care and research to locate a dealer. I was willing to go to the best dealer within 500 miles of my location. The care the dealer takes with pre-prep and fixing some of the minor problems is important. The dealer I used, at least in my book, was the best new car dealer I have been do since I purchased my first new car right after my first college degree in 1969--this is my 15th new vehicle, and this is also the best dealer. I won't mention their name here lest a reader think I am doing this for hype. I will, however, be glad to email their name to anyone who queries me.--- KM