New Shoes (pic)

branshew

As some of you may know - I had a cracked rim recently and opted for a replacement set since the old ones were in pretty bad shape overall (flaking chrome, etc.) I opted for some knockoffs that are almost identical to OEMs for Gen II. I think they offer a subtle updated look to the car overall. Here's a pic of what they look like:

index.1.jpg

The car's dirty and so are the wheels so no comments there please.

Maybe it is just me but I can't see the picture.

In an answer to my earlier post you mentioned NOT buying the longer lug nuts. Does the length of lug nut depend on the wheel being put on or the year of the LS? Just ordered the long shank because the dealer said these were the lug nuts for the wheel I have, but went back and re-read your post.

Now I am wondering if I should have ordered the shorter shank, not because of the wheel but because 1st Gen's require the short shank no matter what wheel.

Is this accurate?

Apologies for hijacking the thread.

OMG, I want those soooo bad! They look excellent!! B) Where did you get them and what size are they? I saw a set of them on ebay a while back, but I missed the closing of the auction. Park Place actually has those wheels on their website...it looks like they are Coach rims with different center caps.

8906170.gif

I wonder why they are so rare?

:cheers:

Maybe it is just me but I can't see the picture.

Neither can I now. Imagestation is blocking it for some reason. I'll switch to my private hosting to see if that works

As to your question: I had factory chrome wheels and I replaced them with these factory knockoffs. I am using the short shank nuts and I would assume that you would need to do the same based on the pic of the wheel you showed. I can't say for sure though. I bought the long shank version and had to return them. I am assuming that all Gen I in '93 & '94 are the same size (probably the same w/ most all Lexus/Toyota)

Where did you get them and what size are they

Blake - try Capital Wheels. They are 16" x 7". I originally wanted the solid center cap, but because I opted for the fakes instead of the originals I couldn't get it to match. They also have the OEM ones in true alloy. Their prices are pretty good and I am very happy w/ the appearance and finish of the wheels (especially considering the price).

Where did you get them and what size are they

Blake - try Capital Wheels. They are 16" x 7". I originally wanted the solid center cap, but because I opted for the fakes instead of the originals I couldn't get it to match. They also have the OEM ones in true alloy. Their prices are pretty good and I am very happy w/ the appearance and finish of the wheels (especially considering the price).

Thanks! I'd get the exact same ones you did...silver with the exposed lugs--I like the look better, and they seem to be pretty rare. My factory rims are not looking too hot, the paint is badly faded (the center caps are one color, and the rims are another. It looks terrible.). What size tires did you go with?

Thanks! I'd get the exact same ones you did...silver with the exposed lugs--I like the look better, and they seem to be pretty rare. My factory rims are not looking too hot, the paint is badly faded (the center caps are one color, and the rims are another. It looks terrible.). What size tires did you go with?

I went w/ the OEM factory sized tire since the rims were the same size as factory. (I don't recall what that is off the top of my head, but I'll post it once I can take a look). The one thing that I found a little odd is that there is a center cap with the exposed lugs. Most wheels w/ exposed lugs don't have the large center cap, but have the lug holes molded into the rim w/ a smaller center cap (if any). I'm still pleased with the rims overall though.