95 Ls On Its Way!

Sweet95LS400

Well after months of looking for a clean, well serviced and low mile LS400, I finally found one in Arizon at a Lexus dealer. It is being shipped to me as we speak. Because it is still the tailend of winter here in PA, I want to get a set of Lexus winter (rubber) floor mats for the car. Can anyone recommend a site to buy geniune Lexus accessories for the car at good prices?

It wouldn't happen to be Gold and from Lexus of Tucson, would it?

Mike

Sure is. Is that a good thing or bad?

I just drove it last week and tried to buy it from them! Just ironic how small a world this is!

Don't worry at all.......it's a very nice car. Hopefully you got a good deal.

Mike

Mike

I just drove it last week and tried to buy it from them! Just ironic how small a world this is!

Mike

We like pix, Post them when you take delivery please. Thanx.

Mike

Mike

Haha that is amazing. I am glad to hear you say it is a very nice car, gives me confidence since I wasnt actually able to go see it myself. I have pictures of it from the dealer, I hope it looks as good in person.

Congrats! :cheers: You are going to love the Cashmere paint! Here are the most common part sites:

www.newlexusparts.com

www.irontoad.com

www.lexus-parts.com

www.discounttoyotaparts.com (there is a link to the Lexus page)

I hope that the dealership was honest with you. I recently helped my aunt find a '95 LS, and after seeing several on the internet (from individuals and dealers) that looked to be perfect cars, they had some pretty damning faults that the sellers omitted from the description. Luckily, we just so happened to stumble upon a LOC member's '95 for sale. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya! ;)

Congrats, Sweet95, that looks almost identical to my 98. I bet you won't sleep until you get it. I hope that nasty hailstorm between AZ and PA didn't get ya. JUST KIDDING. The Cashmere Beige looks great when it's clean - I like the way it changes colors/shades depending on the surrounding light. Funny you say like the color, Blake. I like the black on yours with the beige interior.

Let us know how you like it.

Good choice Sweet! Especially from buying it from a Lexus dealership in general. They tend to screen out their used cars to only pick the good ones that they feel comfortable offering to the public for sale...I mean, they're name is going to be on it after all. My dealership here will send off the "beaters" to auction, no matter how clean they appear, if they can't verify them mechanically.

as a side note, i would ask them to fax you a copy of the history in their computers from the car's vin number. Keep it for your records so you know what was done, and when. Comes in very handy if you ever have a problem.

They already faxed me over the cars service history. Everything has been done at Lexus dealers, it just had the 75k service done to it as well. I dont put many miles on per year, so I figure probably in the next 1.5-2 years I will have the 90k service done as well. The closest Lexus dealer quoted me about $1400 for the complete service, but that also includes a loaner car for the time while mine would getting serviced.

Funny you say like the color, Blake. I like the black on yours with the beige interior.

I love Cashmere! It's probably my favoirte color that Lexus made! Beige is my favorite color in general, I guess it only makes sense that I like it on cars soo much! My old ES300 was Cashmere with gold emblems; I love that combo! B) Black looks nice when it's clean, but it's too much work. Plus, my black has no clear coat, so long term durability lacks.

What part of DFW are you posting from?

:cheers:

I too love the color. It has really grown on me. At first I didnt like it so much, but now the more I look at it the more I like it. I feel bad buying the car and bringing it up here to all of our salt and freezing weather. Hopefully it will make the adjustment ok. My 90 Camry has faired very well, but the most important part to keeping a car for a long time and keeping a good resale on it is keeping it clean. A car could have 250k on it but if it still looks like new, people will assume that it was well taken care of mechanically as well.

Just wondering, why did you not buy the car? Was it the price?

We work with wholesale numbers on all of our purchases. I hit them at $8000 on the car and they declined. Everything we sell is priced at wholesale or under, therefore we have to purchase as far back of book as possible. Sometimes Lexus of Tucson cooperates, sometimes they don't! Is it too personal to ask what they got for the car? If so, I understand. Either way, congrats on your purchase.

Mike

Funny you say like the color, Blake. I like the black on yours with the beige interior.

I love Cashmere! It's probably my favoirte color that Lexus made! Beige is my favorite color in general, I guess it only makes sense that I like it on cars soo much! My old ES300 was Cashmere with gold emblems; I love that combo! B) Black looks nice when it's clean, but it's too much work. Plus, my black has no clear coat, so long term durability lacks.

Blake, I thought your LS was cashmere for a long time, and maybe it's because you used to have your cashmere ES as your avatar. It shocked me when I saw a pic of your LS. I used to have a black Benz, and it was fantastic when it was clean, but what a pain to keep! I moved to the country and couldn't keep it clean. At least the cashmere doesn't show the dirt-road dust as much.

I work near DFW airport at the center of the Dallas/FW area, and live northwest of the area near Decatur, in rural Wise county. I tell you, the Wise County Lexus Club is HOPPIN! I think there are a total of 3 Lexuses in all of Wise county.

Keep us posted on the arrival of your new baby, Sweet. ( I say that because I'm interested, AND because I didn't want to be pummeled for hijacking the thread :rolleyes: )

Well after months of looking for a clean, well serviced and low mile LS400, I finally found one in Arizon at a Lexus dealer. It is being shipped to me as we speak. Because it is still the tailend of winter here in PA, I want to get a set of Lexus winter (rubber) floor mats for the car. Can anyone recommend a site to buy geniune Lexus accessories for the car at good prices?

Welcome to Lexus Owners Club! My 1992 LS is the same color as yours. It looks amazing when clean. I think Beige is the best of both worlds, it doesn't show too much dirt, yet it shines rather nicely. Give it a few coats of polish and wax every few months and it will look good for years to come. My 05 LS430 is blue, looks great when clean,but a major pain to keep looking nice.

What exactly are they doing for $1400 for the 90K? I got mine done for $1000..Ask a few Lexus dealers and shop around, you'll find that their prices are negotiable to some extent.

-Sam

Welcome to Lexus Owners Club! My 1992 LS is the same color as yours. It looks amazing when clean. I think Beige is the best of both worlds, it doesn't show too much dirt, yet it shines rather nicely. Give it a few coats of polish and wax every few months and it will look good for years to come. My 05 LS430 is blue, looks great when clean,but a major pain to keep looking nice.

What exactly are they doing for $1400 for the 90K? I got mine done for $1000..Ask a few Lexus dealers and shop around, you'll find that their prices are negotiable to some extent.

-Sam

Here is the email I got from the dealer who quoted that price:

Good morning and thank you very much for you email. The 90,000 mile service would include changing the engine oil and filter performing a tire rotation and computer balance performing a brake inspection topping off all fluid levels setting tire pressures checking all lights electrical and suspension parts changing the engine coolant and brake fluid along with changing the engine air filter. Also we do change the timing belt water pump and there are some hydraulic pulleys as well. The price of this service runs $1404.00+tax and if you have any questions I can be reached at the phone number below or by email.

Thank you.

Another dealer quoted more money, but they also changed the plugs etc.

THE 90K SERVICE EST $641.00+TAX AND SHOP SUPPLIES (INCLUDES: ENGINE OIL/FILTER CHANGE, ENGINE OIL FLUSH, REPLACE COOLANT, REPLACE BRAKE FLUID, REPLACE ENGINE SPARK PLUGS, ENGINE AIR FILTER AND WIPER INSERTS. ADD FUEL INJECTOR CLEANER AND ENGINE COMBUSTION CHAMBER CLEANER. MULTI-POINT INSPECTION AND TIRE ROTATION).

THE ENGINE TIMING BELT/WATER PUMP REPLACEMENT EST $1017.00+TAX AND SHOP SUPPLIES.

LET US KNOW IF WE CAN BE OF ASSISTANCE.

Blake, I thought your LS was cashmere for a long time, and maybe it's because you used to have your cashmere ES as your avatar. It shocked me when I saw a pic of your LS. I used to have a black Benz, and it was fantastic when it was clean, but what a pain to keep! I moved to the country and couldn't keep it clean. At least the cashmere doesn't show the dirt-road dust as much.

I work near DFW airport at the center of the Dallas/FW area, and live northwest of the area near Decatur, in rural Wise county. I tell you, the Wise County Lexus Club is HOPPIN! I think there are a total of 3 Lexuses in all of Wise county.

Keep us posted on the arrival of your new baby, Sweet. ( I say that because I'm interested, AND because I didn't want to be pummeled for hijacking the thread :rolleyes: )

Man lexus looker, the next time im in DF'Dub (my parents live in NE Tarrant county, Keller Area) then we need to get together!

Man lexus looker, the next time im in DF'Dub (my parents live in NE Tarrant county, Keller Area) then we need to get together!

Hey Army, let me know when you're in the area (DFDub...haven't heard that one). I'll buy you a beer and we can swap car stories. Just be sure to get your 1UZFE and 3UZFE straight!!

James