Cleaning Inside Wheel Wells On Rx400h?

Any tips on cleaning inside the wheel wells on the RX330/400h? Lexus uses this black fabric-like material which really holds onto things like dirt and pine needles. I've tried brushes, sponges, and water blasts, but often resort to picking the remaining debris out with my fingers. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Why didn't Lexus just use a plastic liner in those wheel wells?

Any tips on cleaning inside the wheel wells on the RX330/400h? Lexus uses this black fabric-like material which really holds onto things like dirt and pine needles. I've tried brushes, sponges, and water blasts, but often resort to picking the remaining debris out with my fingers. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Why didn't Lexus just use a plastic liner in those wheel wells?

Plastic liners break/discolor over time, they also fade horribly.

mine are plastic on the ZX2, i repaint them with flat black paint every spring....works for me.

I HATE these fabric wheel well liners too. Its a recent addition too. I think the rationale is sound absorption.

The only thing I've found that works is a good blast from a pressure washer.

Use the Fed Ex ,UPS clear protectors that they use to attach labels to parcels .

They also work great as lint removers.

Best of all they are free.

Just pull off the backing and put your hand inside the pocket and pat down the area to remove anything ,just vacume first to remove light dust.

Use the Fed Ex ,UPS clear protectors that they use to attach labels to parcels .

They also work great as lint removers.

Best of all they are free.

Just pull off the backing and put your hand inside the pocket and pat down the area to remove anything ,just vacume first to remove light dust.

Now that's a good idea! Something sticky, like a big lint roller. Of course, the wheel wells need to be dry for that to work.

Any other ideas out there?