Rain Sensing Wipers

I really like the AUTO setting for the wipers. Mist, rain, condensation... doesn't matter... the sensor detects the windscreen needs to be wiped and it gets wiped. Awesome.

The problem I'm having is that the sensor must have been affected in some way by the car wash because when I pick up the car the wipers would run even tho there was no water on the windscreen.

They would also run every time I started the car, regardless of moisture.

Does anyone know where the sensor is located and could it need to be cleaned or something so that it does not trigger the wipers unless it is really needed? (like it did before my trip to the carwash)

BTW, I am aware of the "+/- senstivity" adjustment for the AUTO feature, but this is not the problem. The sensor is more sensitive now than it was before the carwash. So me thinks it may have some lint or a smudge...

Thanks.

I believe it's right in front of you (driver) on the dash near the windshield towards the left corner.

The little dome made from frosted red plastic (not transparent)?

I think that is the solar sensor to determine when to turn on the headlights, because when I put up my widow shade (which covers this dome) while the car is still on, it will trigger the headlights... never did it trigger the wipers.

Any other possiblitites?

i picked up the phone and called my lexus dealer. the service tech told me that the sensor is up behind the rear view mirror on the INSIDE of the windshield. he did not think a car wash could cause this malfunction. he did say that three things could cause it, improper windshield replacement, dirty windshield, and certain angles of sunlight hitting the sensor and causing it to operate.

i picked up the phone and called my lexus dealer. the service tech told me that the sensor is up behind the rear view mirror on the INSIDE of the windshield. he did not think a car wash could cause this malfunction. he did say that three things could cause it, improper windshield replacement, dirty windshield, and certain angles of sunlight hitting the sensor and causing it to operate.

Yes, he is right. On my rx330, its behind the rear view mirror. the black shaped box

Thank you very much for checking this out. I'll look at mine and see if there is somthing obstructing the sensors view that would cause my problem...

Thanks again.