Problem With Tire Pressure Monitor

noozguy

Anyone else having problems with 2004 or newer LS430's and the tire pressure warning. I have had the light come on and checked all tires...seemed good. Dealer reset light. Now a few months later it's on again...The car sits alot...has onl 2,800 miles on it in two years...could that be it. It has the 18' w/ Sport suspention.

Anyone else having problems with 2004 or newer LS430's and the tire pressure warning. I have had the light come on and checked all tires...seemed good. Dealer reset light. Now a few months later it's on again...The car sits alot...has onl 2,800 miles on it in two years...could that be it. It has the 18' w/ Sport suspention.

whats the pressure after the car sat for an extended amount of time?

on the early 04 ls , lexus had a TSIB regarding the TPWS and it involves the ABS/VSC ECU to be changed due to an updated software in the ecu for the tire light. you can probably bring the car back to the dealer and have them check your VIN and see if it falls in the replacement vin range. keep in mind the system takes up to 100 miles for it to initialize properly so tire pressures must be even and correct during the reinitialization time.

:cheers:

Just a random question for future knowledge when someday I buy a LS430....is this electronic tire reader standard equipment, or only a part of the UL package? When I do upgrade someday, I don't want a lot of the electronic toys that are available simply due to situations like this thread. Beyond the LS standards, maybe the navigation system is all I want.

Just a random question for future knowledge when someday I buy a LS430....is this electronic tire reader standard equipment, or only a part of the UL package? When I do upgrade someday, I don't want a lot of the electronic toys that are available simply due to situations like this thread. Beyond the LS standards, maybe the navigation system is all I want.

as far as i konw the TPWS system are standard on 04 and up LS....