Is250:overhead Console Spare Part?

Hi,

I'm from Sweden and it seems that the entire European market is missing the overhead console - the compartment where you can store sunglasses etc.

But it seems that the cavity already exists, just that it is covered by a piece of plastic.

Does anyone know if this overhead compartment thingy can be ordered as a spare part?

Please see this thread at the UK LOC forums for pictures and more information:

Post for overhead console missing at UK LOC forum

Thanks for any input,

Daniel

Hi,

I'm from Sweden and it seems that the entire European market is missing the overhead console - the compartment where you can store sunglasses etc.

But it seems that the cavity already exists, just that it is covered by a piece of plastic.

Does anyone know if this overhead compartment thingy can be ordered as a spare part?

Please see this thread at the UK LOC forums for pictures and more information:

Post for overhead console missing at UK LOC forum

Thanks for any input,

Daniel

I know what you mean. My IS350 has a little drop down compartment there. Getting dealer parts might be expensive. Maybe some will be on Ebay. I got a JDM dash tray for my IS300 from a guy in Hong Kong, on Ebay. It was genuine Toyota part at abut half the going price.

I know what you mean. My IS350 has a little drop down compartment there. Getting dealer parts might be expensive. Maybe some will be on Ebay. I got a JDM dash tray for my IS300 from a guy in Hong Kong, on Ebay. It was genuine Toyota part at abut half the going price.

I'd really like to know if it's at all possible to order it as a spare part - and if so, what the part number is! I guess it'll be a while before spare parts for the IS250 will be available on ebay and such. But thanks for the tip!

/Daniel

I'd really like to know if it's at all possible to order it as a spare part - and if so, what the part number is! I guess it'll be a while before spare parts for the IS250 will be available on ebay and such. But thanks for the tip!

/Daniel

Since they don't appear to be standard in Europe, there will probabl be a demand for them. Some enterprising person will probably show up with them for sale.

You could go to Toyota/Lexus service support and browse for part numbers. You pay $10 and can browse and download info for 24 hrs. I downloaded the service manuals from there.

http://techinfo.lexus.com/

• 1 month later...

/Daniel

You also did not read the UK post very well :chairshot: My photos show what's in the European model so its self explanatory that it's not a straight swop. The part number if you want it is 81260A and the list price is $757.46.

/Daniel

You also did not read the UK post very well :chairshot: My photos show what's in the European model so its self explanatory that it's not a straight swop. The part number if you want it is 81260A and the list price is $757.46.

Maybe that's because the last post here was on Jan. 11 and your pic was posted on Jan 28. We did our best to help, but I don't think anyone was interested enough in the European model to continue with the posts on the UK forum.

/Daniel

Maybe that's because the last post here was on Jan. 11 and your pic was posted on Jan 28. We did our best to help, but I don't think anyone was interested enough in the European model to continue with the posts on the UK forum.

Fair comment. I'm just amazed there's such a difference in the Specifications. There doesn't appear to be a rational reason for it unless it's on price. Certainly not due to the right hand/left hand drive variation as Australia, Japan, UK is RH, and USA and majority of Europe is LH.

I had a talk to a german Lexus supporter. He told me that the german (european) assurance companies have stricter policies for car-theft-protection systems than the american ones. To fulfill these requirements the european IS version has a (different) car intrusion detection, which is build in the overhard console. The conclusion is that there chance to get a replacement part for the overhead console as long as you have a european IS, as long as you don't want to risk your insurance coverage and as long as you are not willing to pay higher insurance contributions.

Regards

Dat Ei