Why So Many 400h For Sale 9k< Miles?

Am considering buying 400h but am amazed at number of 400h cars for sale on cars.com and ebay with less than 9000 miles. Are these folks that somehow found a way to buy the car, claim the tax credit and are now selling it for an overall profit or breakeven situation OR are these folks that after 9K or fewer miles have determined that they don't like the 400h driving experience? I almost pulled the trigger last weekend to buy a 400h to replace my 02 Yukon, but the sheer numbers of low mileage 400h cars being listed has got me concerned. I can understand dealerships selling demo cars with less than 2K miles, but pulling the same search terms on RX 330 you don't see anyone selling 05 or 06 models with similar mileage. What gives? Inquiring minds want to know (before plunking down >$45K of hard earned money)!

Well, Lexus sold 20,674 400h's last year in the United States. If only 5% of buyers decided to sell soon, that means about 1,000 units are on the market for sale. You may see several for sale, but there are MANY satisfied and happy 400h drivers around like me. Best car I have ever owned.

Well, Lexus sold 20,674 400h's last year in the United States. If only 5% of buyers decided to sell soon, that means about 1,000 units are on the market for sale. You may see several for sale, but there are MANY satisfied and happy 400h drivers around like me. Best car I have ever owned.

I agree. Many people stretch themselves too thin, just to have the latest and greatest and believe me, the RX400h IS as good as it gets when it comes to power, luxury AND economy. You will NOT be disappointed. :cheers:

I agree completely that the RX-400h is the finest SUV I've purchased to date. I replaced a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica with my 400h in the fall of 2005 and I couldn't be happier. The smooth ride, added power, and luxurious feel are unmatched. Add in the Lexus service experience and you can see why I ran out and purchased a GS300 AWD later in the Fall.

I have 7500 miles on my 400h and have NO intentions of parting with it in another 1500 miles...I hope to keep it for 6-8 years!

JSL :D

Am now owner of Silver 2006 400h! Bought it today. Man, can the 400h accelerate! Am looking forward to being a Lexus owner for a long, long time.

wstr

If you have a bluetooth phone, you'll save yourself some trouble by reading through the posts on this site. It's not a uderfriendly arrangement that Lexus chose, but it's NOT a huge negative, in my opinion.

Welcome to the club!

JSL

Thanks for suggesting checking the bluetooth phone threads. I have a Treo 650 on Sprint. It looks like it will have to be upgraded with the newest patch which should enable the Lexus to see the phone.

Am now owner of Silver 2006 400h! Bought it today. Man, can the 400h accelerate! Am looking forward to being a Lexus owner for a long, long time.

wstr

If you have a bluetooth phone, you'll save yourself some trouble by reading through the posts on this site. It's not a uderfriendly arrangement that Lexus chose, but it's NOT a huge negative, in my opinion.

Welcome to the club!

JSL

welcome, we know you will love your 400h. i have a treo 650 and it will work with the lexus system. there is one caveat when pairing the 650, you go through the steps as outlined in the navigation book and complete them. the treo will show that it is paired in its bluetooth trusted devices list (it will say 'hands free') however it may not say that on the lexus nav screen when setting it up. in reality you are paired and it will work. just make a call inside the car with the ignition on and it should work.

• 5 weeks later...
Am now owner of Silver 2006 400h!

Congrats! I'm glad you went ahead and pulled the trigger... the method of buying and dumping a hot new car is common (especially in the high-end sector).

You see this happen with brand new sports cars. For instance when the Dodge Viper was redesigned recently... they were a rare commodity and were selling for $10,000+ MSRP for 4-5 months after release.

P.S. I worked for a local exotic sports car dealership for 2 years.

wstr

Congrats my Friend!!! We used to own a 2005 LX470 and since my wife is very petite, moving from the LX470 to the RX400h was a dream come true for her! I still miss the LX470, however, with 50 more horses in the RX400h it performs better than a big gas thirsty V8 in the LX470, and it gets way better mileage, it has the exact same interior as the LX470 we owned with the birdseye maple wood steering wheel, shifter and treament, Mark Levinston audio and rear DVD entertainment system we have gotten used to in the LX470 we consider the RX400h an upgrade! Plus it is now easier for all of us to get in and out of this car because it sits perfectly, not high like the LX470. Before we bought the RX400h we went and test drove 15 different sport utilities and kept coming back to the RX400h, therefore, we concluded this is the all-around best Sport Utility for the money! (The only thing we are still trying to get used to is not stopping by the gas station every other day to fill up our tank...) Cheers to all the Owners of this wonderful ride!!! :whistles: