Rds Scroll Text

kkubasta

My wife has a 2006 RX330 with Navigation. I have a 2001 LX470. Both have RDS capability to display text on the stereo. However, we can't figure out how to get the RX330 RDS to automatically scroll rather than having to repetitively press Text if you want to move from radio station ID to artist to song name. On the older LX470, it does scroll automatically.

We have checked with the dealer, checked the manual, and even checked with the stereo install guy that installed the VaisTech IPod connection in the RX330. No answers yet.

Anybody have any possible solutions?

I get RX330s all the time as loaners and have never been able to figure out how to make the text scroll, even on the base non nav model. It scrolls on my ES with nav...

Couldn't tell ya...

Welcome to the LOC, by the way!

Okay, Never and i mean NEver push the text button. On my rx330, 2004, the text button doesnt update fast enough so it becomes a previous station or something. Mine actually scrolls automatically whenever it feels like. Before, like last year, it just had the radio station name, now it scrolls. So i think it takes time ;)

Edited by Rx330driver

Mine automatically scrolls. If you were on a station that was broadcasting RDS and then switched to one that doesn't the old message will stay on the display. Pushing text repeatedly doesn't clear it.

Mine automatically scrolls. If you were on a station that was broadcasting RDS and then switched to one that doesn't the old message will stay on the display. Pushing text repeatedly doesn't clear it.

What year car do you have? And do you have navi + stereo/CD changer?

Yeah, doesn't make any sense that they removed that functionality - but it appears that they did. I have yet to hear of anyone with an '06 model that can make it automatically scroll. Seems like such a simple thing, yet removing it pretty well eliminates the utility of the RDS feature (at least as far as I'm concerned - it's a pain to press the Text button every time you want to see other information).