Wanna Upgrade All Speakers And Sub...help!

BoomerFZ1

I'm planning on getting all new speakers for the doors and possibly replacing the mids in the upper doors of my '93 LS. That's not too much a problem but I just wanted to verify they're 4" speakers, right? I also wanna replace the sub but someone told me its some kind of funky sub they don't make many of anymore...something about self-contained or something??? Not totally sure but can you all hip me on this...what type/size sub will I have to get to replace it? I like the sound of the stock system when everything's working right but I've recently blown two door speakers and it kinda sounds like !Removed!.

I'm planning on getting all new speakers for the doors and possibly replacing the mids in the upper doors of my '93 LS. That's not too much a problem but I just wanted to verify they're 4" speakers, right? I also wanna replace the sub but someone told me its some kind of funky sub they don't make many of anymore...something about self-contained or something??? Not totally sure but can you all hip me on this...what type/size sub will I have to get to replace it? I like the sound of the stock system when everything's working right but I've recently blown two door speakers and it kinda sounds like !Removed!.

It is called a Free-air sub. they use the trunk fo the car as an enclosure.

get on google to find some. ebay has deals also. :D

Am I right on the 4" on the speakers? And the free air sub....what size?

either a 10 or a 12, i dont know which is in the 400.

not sure on the doors, i think they are 5x7. but i dont know for sure. try a search :)

I have a 1993 LS400 and am looking into upgrading my sound system also. This is what I have found about the system, maybe it will help you. This assumes you have the Pionner Premium Sound System and not the Nakamichi system.

The front and rear door speakers are 4", 4ohm, 40 watt. The rear sub woofer is an 8", 2 ohm, 80 watt. There is a 2 ohm amp for the sub woofer mounted in the trunk, on the left side (looking into the trunk). There is another amp contained in the headunit. You can find the sub woofer amp on Ebay, but you need to replace the whole head unit if your internal amp is bad.

I am planning on installing Infinity 4002I speakers in the doors and maybe a Kicker 8" sub woofer in the rear deck.

Has anyone installed these speakers, and how do they sound ?

The speakers in the front are one way. Meaning they dont have a small tweeter in the middle. It has to be a flat surface 4" speaker. There is no room for anything larger then the 4" flat speaker.

The speakers in the front are one way. Meaning they dont have a small tweeter in the middle. It has to be a flat surface 4" speaker. There is no room for anything larger then the 4" flat speaker.

Nakamichi makes one[ 4" ] with a polyeurathane tweeter So there are options, Just search the hell out of the internet and do a lot of research and you will find them, And when you do you will be sooooooo satisfied, Because the nak updated speaks are just so much improved once you find them you will never replace them for the life of the car. Research the part # first ans expand on it.