Fog Lights - No Adjustment

Changed my '99 ES300 fog bulbs from OEM (which were suitable for romantic dinners) to PIAA XtremeWhites. The process was easy, but not at all as has been described on this forum (albeit for other years). 8 screws and bolts hold an underpan shield on each side; several pins held the back side of this shield, but removal was unnecessary. Free the shield from the metal body lip and pry it down and the back of the housing is exposed. The housing is held firmly by a long bolt (outer side) and a neoprene tang (inner side). Remove the 10mm nut from the bolt and depress the tang while pushing forward. The entire housing pops out the front of the bumper and you can open the case and change the bulb. Replacement is the reverse.

Oh, yes, the PIAAs make all the difference, even with fluted lenses on the housing. However, I feel that they still aim too low, spreading light under the front bumper like a Low Rider on meth. Since the long bolt and the neoprene tang must be exactly returned to their original position, I saw no way to upward adjust the aim of the lights. I could back slowly over a tree stump. But, this being New Year's Eve...........(fill in the resolution).

Changed my '99 ES300 fog bulbs from OEM (which were suitable for romantic dinners) to PIAA XtremeWhites. The process was easy, but not at all as has been described on this forum (albeit for other years). 8 screws and bolts hold an underpan shield on each side; several pins held the back side of this shield, but removal was unnecessary. Free the shield from the metal body lip and pry it down and the back of the housing is exposed. The housing is held firmly by a long bolt (outer side) and a neoprene tang (inner side). Remove the 10mm nut from the bolt and depress the tang while pushing forward. The entire housing pops out the front of the bumper and you can open the case and change the bulb. Replacement is the reverse.

Oh, yes, the PIAAs make all the difference, even with fluted lenses on the housing. However, I feel that they still aim too low, spreading light under the front bumper like a Low Rider on meth. Since the long bolt and the neoprene tang must be exactly returned to their original position, I saw no way to upward adjust the aim of the lights. I could back slowly over a tree stump. But, this being New Year's Eve...........(fill in the resolution).

It is my understanding that fog lights are supposed to illuminate the road down and in front of the vehicle. Are you trying to defeat this by projecting brighter light out further defeating the purpose???

No, I'm not trying to defeat the purpose. I've used fog lights, in various forms, since the 1950's and I have a fine OEM set on my German W8 Variant. It's just that this is the first time I've seen lights which are aimed as low as these are.

i adjusted to ones on my 97 up some... but now with the headlights off, and just the driving lights on it is very dim.

How did you manage to keep the fog lights on with headlights off?

Unless you modified the circuit that is not possible.

snip the pos wire on the relay run it your your park lights... bam your fog's now come on with your park lights and go off with them.... the only down side is if u leave the switch on when u un lock it your fogs flash with your parks lights, they still kick off with my high beams too.just like stock but i can run them with the park lights i like how that looks.. the relay is on the driver side above the kick panel...i can get pics if u need.

there is a philips head scew in the lower outside that adjusts the up and down movement.

Edited by justin97