Cleaned Up Gs400 Grille

I am definitely doing this!! Steel wool and paint thinner? I can see the chrome under my chips!! Wow, sounds easy but my hands will probably be sore from scrubbing!!

Thanks for the tip!

• 4 weeks later...

ok i got my grill all cleaned up......man that really does look good! silly for them to have chromed it and then painted it over! i will post pictures when i get home

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

• 2 weeks later...
here's mine............mine took like 5 hours though as i did EVERY nook and cranny and then polished it!

brian

Ok then...I'm gonna do it.I've got the gold package though. Brian, How does the L emblem pop out? :huh:

it just unscrews once u have the grill off.......which i think there were only 5 bolts holding the grill itself to the car and then 2 to the hood release (be careful one of my bolts was stuck and broke off here). good luck and have fun........one big blister (i also did my calipers/hats that same weekend), 2 cans of paint thinner, and about 24 VERY FINE steel wool pads (dont use the regular steel wool they scratch) later, and about a 20 min quick polish with a orbital ball and some chrome polish mine looks fantastic! some people JUST do the outsides which only takes about 2 hours but i wanted every nook and cranny! be careful though if u rub 2 long u will start seeing black stuff which is where the chrome came off (min did this a few spots till i got the hang of it and u cant even notice when i mounted it). good luck and post some pics!

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian