How Did You Mount An Electric Brake Controller

Cookeze

I had a Tekonsha Envoy brake controller installed by the travel trailer dealership. They mounted it to the left of the steering column, very low (almost on the edge) on the dash. They drilled new holes in the plastic. Does that help?. I have bumped it a time or two getting out, but it is pretty well out of the way, yet still easy to reach to adjust the power.

Hope this helps.

The Tekonsha Prodigy is the best constroller I have ever used, it automatically senses level and adjust for the load by the slope. great controller can be mounted at vertually any angle. Obtained it on Ebay from some gentleman in Ohio brand new in the box for $50 less retail price, I think It was around $75.00

Edited by lenore

The Tekonsha Prodigy is the best constroller I have ever used, it automatically senses level and adjust for the load by the slope. great controller can be mounted at vertually any angle. Obtained it on Ebay from some gentleman in Ohio brand new in the box for $50 less retail price, I think It was around $75.00

I also use a Tekonsha Prodigy. I mounted it using the connector harness supplied with the truck, and mounted it on the bottom of the dash near the door. It's out of the way but can be easily seen from driving position, and easy to reach if needed.

The plug for the connector took some searching for. It was hidden above a wiring harness.

• 2 months later...

I also use a Tekonsha Prodigy. I mounted it using the connector harness supplied with the truck, and mounted it on the bottom of the dash near the door. It's out of the way but can be easily seen from driving position, and easy to reach if needed.

The plug for the connector took some searching for. It was hidden above a wiring harness.

I use a Valley Odessey Controller and made a clamping bracket out of some aluminium bar stock and

rubber feet that installs in place of the fuse block cover. It installs in about 5 min, most of the time being

spent upside down on the floor plugging in the wiring. The back piece has 1/2" tall rubber feet to clear the

rim of the opening and the front piece has flat rubber and felt to prevent marring the finish. Nice thing is

no holes in dash and it's removable, but, you'll need to remove it to get to the fuses (a screwdriver and 2 min..)

I can send pictures if you wish.

Hey, can any one post a picture of the wiring diagram for the adaptor that came with the GX? I can not find mine. I just bought the Prodigy for my trailer and can not install it until I see the intructions.

TexGX

I mounted a Prodigy on the lower part of the dash cover, just in front of my right knee - that way it's easy to find the manual control lever without having to look down. It's easy to drill through the plastic, and use the screws to sefl-thread. Drill carefully and check behind (you can't see, but it's easy to reach behind and feel) so you don't hit anyhing. It has been plenty strong enough to mount just through the plastic.

This location does coverr up the switch for the tire pressue monitor, but I don't need to use that switch so it's not a problem for me. Also, the Prodigy comes with a mount where you can remove the controller, and then the switch is accessible.

The plug in the wiring harness behind the dash was hard to find, but it's there. It was taped to the harness and took a while to discover, but it's an easy hook up wih the supplied pig tail.

Works great, and the Prodigy is not sensitive to leveling.