Update On Slow 0 To 60

thieaux

Guys i was having a lot of trouble with my 0 to 60 , i was doing high 13's , well i took my throtle body off, and cleaned it had , god is my witness at least 4mm of gunk on the plate, i cleaned it and word of advise the little vacumm holes get pluged cleaned with a paper clip and spray some carb cleaner .

DROPED A WHOLE SECOND no kidding , now doing low 12's , i still think my cat's are blocked, well anyways my tps was out off aligment so i adjusted it to factory specs, my tach was reading 200 rpms now its 400 , but i think my needle may be bad cause when its off it drops to the bottom , thats normal but when ignition on it doesnt come to the zero mark it just hangs under the zero , the same space betwen the marks of the tach , u know like form 200 to 400 to 600.

I dont know if its normal , someone could help me with that .

Lexls Brother thanks for your webpage its been a life saver.

Another thing in my country we dont have emission controls so i was wondering since my cats may be blocked how would i go about gutting them or doing something to remove them and not get a cel.

Well guys this is the update , THANKS FOR EVERY TIME IVE NEED IT YOUR HELP AND YOU"VE COME TO THE RESCUE .

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, and god bless

Keep up the good work guys , speceally lexls

I have 91 ls400 i live in Dominican Republic , i dont use this car for 1/4 mile runs , i usually drive pretty genrtle but if im not doing 0-60 times within the factory specs is beacuse i have problem and i dont like problems :cries:

Low 12's for a Lexus in the 1/4 mile would be nice and 12's for 60 times seems really bad. Are the older cars this slow? I was *BLEEP*ed my BMW does 60 in the low 7's. I want mid 6's. :)

Low 12's in a 1/4 mi. with a stock LS400?, There would have to be some serious mods to achieve that. Now the 0-60 6+ sec. time is a little more realistic but you would still need some mods on the earlier models.

1990 Lexus LS 400 8.1 16.1

1992 Lexus LS 400 8.0 16.0

1993 Lexus LS 400 8.2 16.2

1995 Lexus LS 400 7.4 15.5

1998 Lexus LS 400 6.3 14.8

2001 Lexus LS 430 6.7 14.8

Well , this problem just wont leave me have a peaceful crhistmas , i took it for a ride , i found that the problem is when i floor it , if im gentle on the throtle the car would accelarte just fine and you can feel the power until 3500 but after that it just keeps reving but with no power. Shiftys smooth and natural but when floored the transmision hangs like if it is waiting for more power to shift i have to let go of the throtle for it to shift .

By the way wires within specs , tps fine, isc fine , tb cleaned ,could it be the cats that are blocked\

1991 ls400

Well , this problem just wont leave me have a peaceful crhistmas , i took it for a ride , i found that the problem is when i floor it , if im gentle on the throtle the car would accelarte just fine and you can feel the power until 3500 but after that it just keeps reving but with no power. Shiftys smooth and natural but when floored the transmision hangs like if it is waiting for more power to shift i have to let go of the throtle for it to shift .

By the way wires within specs , tps fine, isc fine , tb cleaned ,could it be the cats that are blocked\

1991 ls400

Clean the shift selinoids in your tranny, new fluid and put a inline tranny filter on the return line.

THanks Dcfish , you think it might be transmission related, cause she shifts very smooth when gentle, it's when i floor it that she hesitates to shift.

Like for Example:

I step on it from a dead stop, it revs till 4000 or somthing shifts to second when it reaches 4200 or so it stops reving i mean literally the engine stops reving even though im on the throtle , is like she doesnt have more power and just stays there i have to let go a bit for it to shift to 3rd.

THen again i posted earlier that im getting the same 0-60 time with a little more then 1/2 throtle as with full throtle , so for me its engine related not tranny , But I Appreciate the advise and ill do it this weekend .

i cleaned TB, TPS is fine iac is fine wires distributor caps , since im on vacation ill check the 02s and the cats

THanks Bro .. Happy new year

Hi there!

Seems very much engine related to me too.

To get this kind of huge power loss, you need to dramatically block the I/O gasflow, fuel flow,

or set ignition WAY off.

(Small misfires, worn valve seats etc have less influence on power. Even a complete loss of one cylinder will have less impact.)

Since ignition is computer set and normally very reliable, clogged fuel filter is first thing to check = replace!

After that, check/replace air filter.

Then check back pressure in exhaust (or let a garage do it for you!)

Good luck!

/Alexander from Sweden

THanks Dcfish , you think it might be transmission related, cause she shifts very smooth when gentle, it's when i floor it that she hesitates to shift.

Like for Example:

I step on it from a dead stop, it revs till 4000 or somthing shifts to second when it reaches 4200 or so it stops reving i mean literally the engine stops reving even though im on the throtle , is like she doesnt have more power and just stays there i have to let go a bit for it to shift to 3rd.

THen again i posted earlier that im getting the same 0-60 time with a little more then 1/2 throtle as with full throtle , so for me its engine related not tranny , But I Appreciate the advise and ill do it this weekend .

i cleaned TB, TPS is fine iac is fine wires distributor caps , since im on vacation ill check the 02s and the cats

THanks Bro .. Happy new year

Try resetting your ECU remove neg. battery terminal for a few minutes. It's worth a try

Hey guys wish you the best for 2006

As you all know i have a slow 0 to 60 time, but as many have stated sometimes is a combination of factors not just one, so in my journey to find my problems i found that one of my resonators wasnt oem in fact it was one of those restrictve resonators that use a plate in the midle, i repolaced it ,now my car is responding a little better i think it just needs some time to get use to the new flow

Well its not much but i hope it can help someone... peace

Wow those 98-00 LS400's are quick!! Whats the time on the current LS? 6.5?

With the 6 speed they are cutting 5.9s

My 99 seems like a fast example as I consistently cut 5.9s on my UPDATED G-Tech Pro Competition. The original software for the GTech was MUCH more optimistic recording as good as 5.2s at the track when I ran the 14.2s in the 1/4. FYI, the GTech showed 13.8 @ 104 on both 14.2 @ 99 passes. On the street I would normally run 5.4-5.7 on the old software. The new software has me 5.9-6.0. The new software was engineered to be very close to actual 1/4 times. Only the Competition and newer models can run this software.

Hey guys wish you the best for 2006

As you all know i have a slow 0 to 60 time, but as many have stated sometimes is a combination of factors not just one, so in my journey to find my problems i found that one of my resonators wasnt oem in fact it was one of those restrictve resonators that use a plate in the midle, i repolaced it ,now my car is responding a little better i think it just needs some time to get use to the new flow

Well its not much but i hope it can help someone... peace

Which resonator?

BTW, I responded to the same problem in CanadaCraigs thread. With so much sludge build up I would suspect heavy deposits on the intake valves. Same as part throttle operation.