Lexus Is 250

1) I was wondering if anyone knows the model number for the IS 250 engine

2) Is there anyone else that is hearing rattling nosie when you reving to/around 2100rpm - 2500rpm? I went back to the dealership and re-test drove the display model and it makes the same noise. I drove other v6 engines and it didnt make this kind of noise.

Thanks..

I noticed it when I turned my music off.

turn the music back on louder and it will go away. :P sorry, couldn't resist.

can you pinpoint the rattle. is it a heat shield type rattle or, does the pitch of the rattle change with the speed of the car, can you make it rattle with the car in neutral?

steviej

can you pinpoint the rattle. is it a heat shield type rattle or, does the pitch of the rattle change with the speed of the car, can you make it rattle with the car in neutral?

steviej

We're interested in a solution to this problem because (a) we're taking delivery of our IS250 next month and (B) we have a similar buzz/rattle coming from our 2001 Ford Ranger at 2,000 - 2,500rpms. We've looked everywhere, loose heat sheilds, loose door panels, ect to no avail.

steviej

The rattle noise comes when I'm increasing in speed. I'll pop it in neurtral and rev up to 2100-2500 rpm and see if it makes a noise.

The rattle noise comes when I'm increasing in speed. I'll pop it in neurtral and rev up to 2100-2500 rpm and see if it makes a noise.

also try it at a stand still. put on the parking brake, put in neutral and bring it up to the rattling rpm for a few seconds. have someone else look in the engine bay, lay on the ground, etc and try to help pinpoint where the rattle(s) eminate from.

steviej

also try it at a stand still. put on the parking brake, put in neutral and bring it up to the rattling rpm for a few seconds. have someone else look in the engine bay, lay on the ground, etc and try to help pinpoint where the rattle(s) eminate from.

steviej

Thanks for the tip.. I'll try that out..

I did some further testing and it seems like the noise is only in automatic and still increasing in speed (from 0-60). I popped it in neutral and everything sounds normal. I tried the paddle shifting and I didnt notice the same noises. I just noticed it while I was in automatic. My guess is the noise might be normal considering its a 2.5 litre V6 engine and the mechanic at the dealership that drove said it was normal as well. I got the warranty.. so only time will tell.

Thanks for all the advice :D