Rear Air Conditioner

eric5146

My 89/90 Japanese imported Celsior has an air conditioning unit located behind the rear seat in addition to the main unt. This rear unit is recirculating the cabin air OK into the rear of the car but will not blow cold air even though the main unit and compressor is working fine. It appears to have a solinoid valve which wont open to accept the flow of cold air from the main unit. There is power to this unit but I dont really know what it is supposed to do.

I have the two volume OEM workshop manuals for a 1993 US model but it makes no mention of this rear unit, so I am assuming it was not released on US vehicles. I also dont believe ti was released on the early Australian LS400.

Can anyone provide me with information on how this rear unit is meant to function or have ideas on what might be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry Mate,

It seems we are not familiar with rear air. Someone with knowledge may chime in. I had to Edit this because I forgot to mention how much we appreciate the Aussie's along with the Home-land. Through thick and thin, our Best Friends. Hopefully, we can repay you someday for your generosity and vision . Merry Christmas!! to you guys "Down Under" from all of us.:cheers:

Sorry Mate,

It seems we are not familiar with rear air. Someone with knowledge may chime in. I had to Edit this because I forgot to mention how much we appreciate the Aussie's along with the Home-land. Through thick and thin, our Best Friends. Hopefully, we can repay you someday for your generosity and vision . Merry Christmas!! to you guys "Down Under" from all of us.:cheers:

I wish I had rear air so I could be a helping hand, Sorry Try here: http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/