Flying Car?

nc211

Now I've heard of some tall tales before...and God knows I get a ton of those stupid "Forward..must read" junk emails...but this one takes the cake. My response was "If you're last name is Duke and you live in Hazzard, or your car talks to you and is named Kit...then I doubt the flying car theory". Now I understand the spin-out probability of this posting below...but to take flight???

Thought I'd post it up to see what you guys think....

PS: Why are all of these "true stories" from Texas??

"NEVER KNEW THIS BEFORE.

I wonder how many people know about this?

A 36 year old female had an accident several weeks

ago and totaled her car.

A resident of Kilgore, Texas, she was traveling

between Gladewater & Kilgore. It was raining, though not excessively, when her car suddenly began to hydroplane and literally flew through the air. She was not seriously injured but very stunned at the sudden occurrence!

When she explained to the highway patrolman what had happened he told her something that every driver should know - ! NEVER DRIVE IN THE RAIN WITH YOUR CRUISE CONTROL ON. She had thought she was being cautious by setting the cruise control and maintaining a safe consistent speed in the rain.

But the highway patrolman told her that if the

cruise control is on and your car begins to hydroplane -- when your tires lose contact with the pavement, your car will accelerate to a higher rate of speed and! you

take off like an airplane. She told the patrolman that

was exactly what had occurred.

The highway patrol estimated her car was actually

traveling through the air at 10 to 15 miles per hour

faster than the speed set on the cruise control.

The patrolman said this warning should be listed,

on the driver's seat sun-visor - NEVER USE THE

CRUISE CONTROL WHEN THE PAVEMENT

IS WET OR ICY, along with the airbag warning. We tell

our teenagers to set the cruise control and drive a safe

speed - but we don't tell them to use the cruise control

only when the pavement is dry.

The only person the accident victim found, who knew this (besides the patrolman), was a man who had had a similar accident, totaled his car and sustained severe injuries.

If you send this to 15 people and only one of them doesn't know about this, then it was all worth it. You might have saved a life"

Edited by nc211

This story was made up by someone dumb enough not to know what hydro planning is.

It just means yout tires are riding on the surface of the water not through the water ,which gives you a reduction in traction . No traction = no control ,not hydroplane and call a stewardess as it is more than impossible for a normal car to create lift. Unless it is toysrme's with the airplanewing under the engine for a diffuser.

This story was made up by someone dumb enough not to know what hydro planning is.

It just means yout tires are riding on the surface of the water not through the water ,which gives you a reduction in traction . No traction = no control ,not hydroplane and call a stewardess as it is more than impossible for a normal car to create lift. Unless it is toysrme's with the airplanewing under the engine for a diffuser.

:lol::lol::lol:

I agree. If those little warnings at the end of those emails were true "you'll die, you'll burn in hell, you'll be sorry" then I wouldn't be in hell....I'd own the place! :snoooorrrtttt:

i hate those emails where it says something at the bottom along the lines of:

send this to ten ppl or u will die

or

send this to 10 ppl in th enext half hour or else you'll have bad luck

or

etc, etc, etc