Input Address While Driving

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure wish there was a way to unlock the 2007 IS250AWD with the standard Lexus NAV without Mark Levinson sound sytem. Lexus changed from 2006 to 2007 for the service menu! :cries:

just curious, i thought all of the IS that has a nav came WITH mark levinson sound system?

• 3 months later...
I sure wish there was a way to unlock the 2007 IS250AWD with the standard Lexus NAV without Mark Levinson sound sytem. Lexus changed from 2006 to 2007 for the service menu! :cries:

just curious, i thought all of the IS that has a nav came WITH mark levinson sound system?

No...not the case. I just purchased an 06 350 w/Nav and prem pacakge...no ML. Only missing option I wanted, but w/8500 miles I couldn't pass it up.

i have an 08' is250 when using an mp3 cd, i press the folder list to go through alpabetically since i put them into folders, if i am driving i can't go through the folders it's only when i am at a complete stop. I can only go through one by one to get to the folder i want. i can't just go from folder 2 and then press 25 i have to keep just pressing seek 23 times. does anyone know how to change this default? thanks

There is only one real way on the 07 and newer, most dealers know the trick but will not do it. I live in Salt Lake I got a local mod shop to jump the wire on the shift switch, it tricks the nav into thinking you are in park. 45 bucks, I have Levinson so I watch DVD and use the phone the whole deal, it will hurt your warranty, but the wire is back in the shift area the dealer will never see it.

• 2 weeks later...

is there a way to modify the navigator to allow me to add addresses while driving. any plugs i can unplug to trick it?

Don't know of anyone that's done it yet, but I'm sure someone will. People came up with ways to bypass on the GS pretty quickly.

I installed a new map DVD and this bypass trick doesn't work anymore.....

Any ideas??

that requires a little more work than a few pushes of buttons. It actually requires you to remove the dash and buy some parts from computer geniuses and insert it. But....thats gonna void any sort of warranty you have on your nav, which is 5 years. But then again, my brothers nav broke on his LS and htey changed it for him for free even tho its warranty expired, typical lexus.

I would still be interested to know what it would take and approximate cost. Has anyone done this conversion on an IS350?

Thanks for any feedback on this.

Yeah You can find this info on most forums in the faq section. Acually I did this this Morning took about 2 hours and the trust on the directions I had but It was a complete sucess=) Just have to beable to pull the whole nav unit and cut and splice a couple of wires on the back and ground the e-brake wire. Pretty sketchy tearing the center counsel out of your brand new is350 and cutting wires. But this is the way best thing I have done so far.

that requires a little more work than a few pushes of buttons. It actually requires you to remove the dash and buy some parts from computer geniuses and insert it. But....thats gonna void any sort of warranty you have on your nav, which is 5 years. But then again, my brothers nav broke on his LS and htey changed it for him for free even tho its warranty expired, typical lexus.

I would still be interested to know what it would take and approximate cost. Has anyone done this conversion on an IS350?

Thanks for any feedback on this.

Yeah You can find this info on most forums in the faq section. Acually I did this this Morning took about 2 hours and the trust on the directions I had but It was a complete sucess=) Just have to beable to pull the whole nav unit and cut and splice a couple of wires on the back and ground the e-brake wire. Pretty sketchy tearing the center counsel out of your brand new is350 and cutting wires. But this is the way best thing I have done so far.

Now I am a pro. I guess someone could charge $300 to do this job. Hint hint

• 4 weeks later...
Can someone please explain what can and cannot be used while the car is moving? I know address input and telephone #'s aren't allowed, but what about using the touch screen for stuff like the radio and a/c? Or what about other features of the nav such as zooming or changing the position of the screen? Can any of these be used while in motion? If not, it may seriously affect my intentions of buying this car. The nav system in my Civic seems better than this as you can do everything whether you are moving or not.......

You can not enter an address while driving, can not enter a phone number while driving, can not access your phone book while driving. You CAN zoom in and out while driving, You can access your speed dial numbers while driving, you can access the radio using the touch screen, you can input a destination using either the voice input or stored locations.

• 2 months later...

There is only one real way on the 07 and newer, most dealers know the trick but will not do it. I live in Salt Lake I got a local mod shop to jump the wire on the shift switch, it tricks the nav into thinking you are in park. 45 bucks, I have Levinson so I watch DVD and use the phone the whole deal, it will hurt your warranty, but the wire is back in the shift area the dealer will never see it.

Do you have any more info on this? Did they access the switch from inside the car or underneath?