Steering Wheel Replacement

I am about to have my badly dried out steering wheel shipped to American Stitches, and let them recover it(only $259...is this a good price?). So, would an IS(there is one for $40 on ebay) steering wheel fit on my 94'? I don't care if the cruise control doesn't work; I just want it to mount. Just on a hunch I'm guessing that a camry wheel would fit? Any other suggestions....

Yes, that is a good price and American Stitches does a GREAT job. Well worth it.

For the donor wheel, basically ANY steering wheel from any car will fit. The way they mount is fairly standardized. I know people who have used Chevy wheels etc. No reason to pay more for a used Lexus wheel.

the airbags would be a problem as well as the cruise

th outer hub would fit but not be able to hold the old trim bits

i bought a camry wheel and found out it is a 97 and up one

and it fits the screw hub but not the bag

some wheels will fit

but it is the distance away from the stalks that can cause problems

like my civic different years but all hubs fit

until you put it on

you are either too close or too far every year loves to change almost

Yeah you're not going to be able to use the airbag probably, or the electrical goodies, and it may not fit PERFECTLY, but remember its just a loaner wheel, you'll only have it for a week and a half.

I recently replaced my steering wheel and have the old one if you are interested in it? It's off a 1997 ES300.

However, I would recommend doing what I did and buy one from a junkyard. I ran a search and found steering wheels for your lexus (up to 1996 will fit perfect w/ your airbag I believe) and found s.wheels for only $50 from a junkyard. You can talk to them and ask them the condition before you buy. I bought mine off a 1998 Lexus w/ 29k miles and it's perfectly "new looking" for $75 shipped. I had the same problems...it was dried and cracked.

go to www.car-part.com and start looking. Good luck.

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm Looking for a replacement steering wheel for my 1997 Lexus ES 300 - any help guys? I would like to get the steering wheel that has the wood grain look matching the interior wood grain pieces. Was this available in the 1997 model? If not - can I still put one on? I went to the car-part.com website but couldn't tell if the steering wheels were the one I needed. Any help would be appreciated. .............Bo

Hey SpeedRacer.. Are you just giving the wheel away, or are you asking a price for it? I have a 96, re-badged Windom (Es300) and am curious as to would it fit mine?

Mine doesnt have cruise control, so dont need to worry about that.. But I do have the airbag...Anyone able to help here.. I am also still looking for Lexus wheel caps...

:ph34r: Chris :ph34r:

Sorry Chris but I scooped Jimi's(speedracer959) wheel up about a week and a half ago :( . I'll be happy to pass it on to you when my wheel comes back from American Stitches. The cruise adaptor will work on 92-96, but the airbag won't fit.