Importing Your Own Lexus

EuropeJay

Hello!,

I have a Lexus in europe, wich will be shipped next month to the USA.

What do i have to do to get the paperwork ok?

Its a young Lexus, wich standerd isnt deliverd in the USA (it is in europe) can anyone tell me what steps i should go through?

The car probably will have to be checked, tax will have to be paid..... and so one

If someone knows please tell me im very curious. Thanks in advance

Jay from Europe

P.s. sorry mij english isnt perfect.

Contact US customs for the exact procedure as there is alot of paperwork that needs to be done BEFORE not after it is brought or they will refuse it being imported and send it abck and make you pay to ship it again.

The US customs are strange in the way the import or export cars.

You cannot even buy a US car and bring it to canada otherwise they will seize it from you and not allow it to cross the border until you jump through 6 million hoops for no reason.

Personally i would sell it and buy the bigger motor IS 300 when you get here for less than the headache

You will likely find the information you need on this or another NHTSA web page:

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/TempInfo.html

Quite a few people from our European offices have come to the U.S. on temporary assignments -- usually one year but sometimes much longer. None have brought a car to the U.S. Many, however, bought a car (one, a Harley motorcycle) in the U.S. and took it back to Europe - generally because cars in the U.S. cost much less than similar models in Europe.