Weight In Lbs For 18gallons Of Gas Full Tank

Hey guys. i was driving the othernight, and the gas light was ALMOST going to come on... I floor it and i get SUPER SPEED!!! I relate this to the fact that there isn't all that gas in my car to weigh me down... but to be sure i wonder if anybody else experences this? AND if they actually know the weight of all that Gas??? i could probably find it on Google. but, i thought it would be an interesting new topic :)

Thanks!

Brian

multiply 18 gallons by 3.78 and that will give you 18 gallons in litres then water weighs 1 kilogram per litre so if you think gas probably weighs a tad less than water so do the math and get an estimate then find a conversion for the kilo to puond. well have fun with all that math :P oh and yes i have had that experience with my nissan sentra with a small 1.6 litre when weight makes a difference going up a hill where i live :lol:

not just weight reducing... when you have less gas in the tank.. the car weight distribution will be shift up front => nose may be go tiny down... => you also gain.. little drag... :-)

Yeap... water weight is about 8 lbs per gallone

1 gallon of gasoline is about 6 lbs..

When gas light almost come up... you are about 16 gallons less than when filling up

16 gallons * 6 lbs = 96 lbs

But only right after we stopping at the gas station... Most the time... we are driving at half tank or 3/4 tanks...

3/4 tank: 5 gallons * 6 lbs = 30 lbs

half tank: 10 gallons * 6 lbs = 60 lbs

In your case you are just about 36 lbs to 66 lbs less.. than normal.. driving condition

ES (3.0L - 210 hp) probably has no problem to handle the above amount....

So reducing weight (from gas) is distribute very minimal to the super speed ... that you got... or is it because you were rushing to the gas station...???.... :)

actually since the fuel tank is mostly likely between the front and rear wheels, both ends will lift up. Specific gravity (density) of gasoline is about .89 of water. If you try to use full throttle with low gas tank it may strain the fuel pump over time.

IC..... that's explain why NJ will ticket for people who eat while driving..... probably... for speed and fuel improvement... :lol:

Talking about weight:

A lot of time, I see.... (production version) car racing... I always.. see they have 2 people.... (driver and front passenger)... why ??

b/c long drive... => switch driver...

or b/c for weight balancing... left and right ??