Updates

I finally got my new KYB struts, strut mounts, brembo rotors, and brake pads on last night! :D. It never really dawned on me that all of those factors can make such a world of a difference. I noticed a few things while it was being worked on.

My mechanic was *BLEEP*ed off when he realized that he had to take the whole back seat and seat belt assy off to get to the rear struts.

I posted a problem a few weeks ago about my rear window defroster. I checked the fuse and it was blown, however; replacing it did not solve my problem. When my mechanic was taking the seats out he removed the plastic cover on the inside of the car from the C pillar. The connection for the defroster is in there and it is broken. It seems as if it was soldered on previously but it somehow came apart. I am just wondering if I am wasting my time by trying to solder it myself or do I have to purchase a new rear window. I really love option 1 better!!! B)

My mechanic also noticed that my lower control arms were completely worn out. Where can I get some? I saw them on Park Place Lexus for $159 ea. Is that a good price?

Your thoughts!!

Please fill us in on details of the ride difference with the KYB struts, strut mounts, and of course your new braking system ;) How much did you pay roughly for all those items? I just scored a set of rear OEM struts for less than $90 on Ebay, which is a huge difference compared to the $330 per set retail from the Lexus dealership :D

Here is the breakdown of the repairs done to my baby:

4 KYB GR2 Struts = $274 off Ebay (shipped)

2 Strut mounts = $136 Park Place Lexus

4 brembo D/S rotors = $189 off Ebay (free shipping)

4 Hawk Brake pads = $128 Tire rack (shipped)

Labor + 4 wheel align = $500.00

The ride is completely different now than it was a few days ago. There is no significant body roll, I can take corners at high speeds again, the car doesn't nose dive when I slam on the brakes, and the rear doesn't drop when I accelerate. The biggest difference is the fact that it seems to sit higher than it used to. My most favorate feature, no more banging sounds when I go over bumps. :D

4 KYB GR2  Struts    =    $274  off Ebay (shipped)

2 Strut mounts          =    $136  Park Place Lexus

4 brembo D/S rotors  =    $189 off Ebay (free shipping)

4 Hawk Brake pads    =    $128 Tire rack (shipped)

Labor + 4 wheel align =    $500.00

The ride is completely different now than it was a few days ago.  There is no significant body roll, I can take corners at high speeds again,  the car doesn't nose dive when I slam on the brakes, and the rear doesn't drop when I accelerate.  The biggest difference is the fact that it seems to sit higher than it used to.  My most favorate feature, no more banging sounds when I go over bumps.    :D

What year is you ES please and how many miles? :D

4 KYB GR2  Struts    =    $274  off Ebay (shipped)

2 Strut mounts          =    $136  Park Place Lexus

4 brembo D/S rotors  =    $189 off Ebay (free shipping)

4 Hawk Brake pads    =    $128 Tire rack (shipped)

Labor + 4 wheel align =    $500.00

The ride is completely different now than it was a few days ago.  There is no significant body roll, I can take corners at high speeds again,  the car doesn't nose dive when I slam on the brakes, and the rear doesn't drop when I accelerate.  The biggest difference is the fact that it seems to sit higher than it used to.  My most favorate feature, no more banging sounds when I go over bumps.    :D

Thanks for the info bro, much appreciated :) For awhile, I've been thinking of switching to Hawk brake pads, but of course I can't do that until my OEM pads are nearing its finish (still have roughly 70% life remaining). Glad to hear the KYB struts are working out great for you!

Coolness. ;)

Which Hawk pads did you get? I love my HPS's. Warm them up & they're as grabby & stiff as and descent racing pads, but if they're cold they're as smoothe as the best street pads & have a long lifespan compaired to real racing pads.

IDK about the control arms. Check Lexus/Toyota/internet & local autoparts stores I guess.