New Foglights

94LexusES

Yes any 55-65w h3 bulb will work. The foglights are not yellow bulbs, there is a yellow tinted piece of glass behind the lens to make it yellow. The type of bulb you put it in isn't going to matter. You can either swap for new fog lights, add another set, or try to take the projector a part.

Many of us find that color yellow is pretty hot. ;)

Since Lexus doesn't allow you to use the fog lights without the low beams being on, it really doesn't matter. Well, then again, it does. With the fog lights on the "close in" lighting they provide affects your distance vision adversely so it probably a good idea to never turn them on at all.

Unless it's the oncoming drivers you intend to "impress" with your "bling".

^ All you gotta do is mod the relay to turn them on whenever you want. Pretty easy. Somebody even wrote a how too a few months back. :)

Check it out! Then you can impress passer-by's with real bling! :cheers: It's a must do if you haven't yet!

its funny cuz thats what i intended to do, i never realized you couldnt turn them on without having the low beams on. i'll definitely mod it. thanks

i just searched and searched, couldn't find the topic on how to do it!

Edited by 94LexusES

Man , i tried to search for it as i know it is in here.

It keeps coming up empty.

I know Grand ls 4 posted a way on the LS which is the same setup as you are rewiring the foglight switch right from the stalk .

So you need to run a new ground back to the switch on the stalk to get it to work when the park or highbeams are on.

Man , i tried to search for it as i know it is in here.

It keeps coming up empty.

I know Grand ls 4 posted a way on the LS which is the same setup as you are rewiring the foglight switch right from the stalk .

So you need to run a new ground back to the switch on the stalk to get it to work when the park or highbeams are on.

is not even that hard.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145544

So, im sick of the yellow foglights. I've decided to go with sylvania silverstars, my manual says they are 55 watt. so 55 watt halogens should work? Also, will i have to change the housing at all?

Thanks

Steviej replaced my fogs with Sylvania's back in May when he visited us.....they were just 'plug & play' (although I felt just terrible about the rustproofing.....sorry bud). They have a slight blue tinge to compliment my factory HID's.....they look fantastic! B)

:cheers:

Remember he has a '94. 92-94 = round projector fogs w' yellow filter before the lens.

I love silverstars, good output without much investment.

Just my 2 cents...

I replaced all my lights with Silverstars - Hi's and Lo's, and fogs.

Headlights are great - very worthwhile, a lot better night vision. They throw a very white light, much better than standard halogen bulbs. Worth every penny!!

Foglights... not so much. A bit better output, nothing to write home about. Even tho they are better, I'd probably not bother to use Silverstars in the fogs again, not enough improvement to justify the added expense. IMHO.

BTW, I find my foglights very useful when driving in rural areas in the dark of night (which I seem to do a lot). They illuminate the ditches and surrounding areas relatively close to the car very well. Lots of little creatures (cats, raccoons, even deer) have been spared because I saw them lurking (their beady little eyes glow brightly, even when you can't see the actual creature). Also very good when driving in the dark in the middle of nowhere in heavy snow. Easier to see rocks, sticks, etc etc on the edge of the road, too.

And - I like the purty yellow colour!

tck...

I agree, when I just had halogen low beams (SS, or old sylvania), I always drove with the fogs on. It's the only way to see anything. I found a big difference in the old OEM bulbs & just new generic cheap bulbs. Anything new is way better than anything old. Doesn't matter what it is!