<br />windshield Washer Fluid

Labtec

My 92 SC400 does not dispense any windshield washer fluid. I cleaned the nozzles and the washer fluid lever is full.

When I try to spray it, I don’t hear the motor (pump) sound. What could be the problem (pump, fuse)?? What steps should I take to diagnose the problem?

Thanks,

Winny

Could it be the fuse for the pump?

I just bought this car so I don't even know where the fuse boxes are. lol

You will find the fuse box next to the battery, it is in a big black plastic box, you will need a screw driver to remove the top, there is a second box that would be on the driver side next to where a foot pedal clutch would be against the side right above the carpet. So again as you bend down under the steering wheel, look to the left and up behind the carpet and you should see the fuses. That is the box I believe is where your fuse is if bak. Try the engine box second. You will need a fuse puller or needle nose pliers to pull each fuse out on at a time, til you find one with a break or burn on it, and that will be your bad fuse. Try that if that does not work, it will most likely be the motor. Last the wiring. Good Luck.

Thanks Jibby!

I will check the fuses tonight  as you described.

I'm really hoping it's the fuse causing the problem.  ^^;

No problem, and most likely it is a fuse because the wiring seldomly goes bad on the sc's. If it does end up being a fuse, and you change it and it goes bad again on you, that means it is the wiring causing the problem, and you probably have a hot wire exposed and touching some metal somewhere. That is a pain and in most cases you just need to run new power and ground wires to the motor, forget about locating the source of the short and replacing that section of wire, too much work, and still won't be as good as new wiring. Good luck.