How To Replace Air Filter?

mikek753

I would put instructions need for XX car, XXX year. No clue on what you need.

mburn, I assume he is referring to the one is listed under his name in the profile.

mikek753,

use a 10mm socket on a long extension to remove the two bolts on two of the corners of the air box. On the back side of the air box is a bracket that holds some sort vacuum device. There is a philips screw that holds the bracket to the air box. The cover of the air box will pivot higher if the bracket is removed. Use a magnatized screwdriver so that you don't drop the screw into the abyss of the engine. Once the bracket is free (you need not remove or undo what the bracket is holding) and the two 10mm bolts are undone, you should be able to lift the cover up high enough to slide the air filter out and slide the new one in. Pay close attention to the orientation of the filter. Look for indents, patterns and labels or arrows that say front or flow.

Once the new one is in, lower the cover, resecure the bracket and the 10mm bolts.

you are done.

steviej

• 10 months later...

Is this the same for the 2005 ES-330?

Thanks.

I would put instructions need for XX car, XXX year. No clue on what you need.

mburn, I assume he is referring to the one is listed under his name in the profile.

mikek753,

use a 10mm socket on a long extension to remove the two bolts on two of the corners of the air box. On the back side of the air box is a bracket that holds some sort vacuum device. There is a philips screw that holds the bracket to the air box. The cover of the air box will pivot higher if the bracket is removed. Use a magnatized screwdriver so that you don't drop the screw into the abyss of the engine. Once the bracket is free (you need not remove or undo what the bracket is holding) and the two 10mm bolts are undone, you should be able to lift the cover up high enough to slide the air filter out and slide the new one in. Pay close attention to the orientation of the filter. Look for indents, patterns and labels or arrows that say front or flow.

Once the new one is in, lower the cover, resecure the bracket and the 10mm bolts.

you are done.

steviej

• 1 year later...
hello,

Any instructions / links about replacing air filter are very welcome :cheers:

Replace it with a K& N filter from Pep Boys or autozone excellent with 1 million mile warranty and cost around $50 clean and reoil every 50K superb upgrade

• 5 months later...
hello,

Any instructions / links about replacing air filter are very welcome :cheers:

Replace it with a K& N filter from Pep Boys or autozone excellent with 1 million mile warranty and cost around $50 clean and reoil every 50K superb upgrade

carlexus330,

I bought a K&N but am not able to slip it in.. I can't get the lid to go back into the plastic hinge.... Did you have any issue? What model number did you buy? Mine is a 33-2260. I did not unscrew the phillips head screw as mentioned in the instructions though.

Any comments on how you got it to fit would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Our '95 ES300 has the four clips, and it's just stiff to lift up... the air duct is just stiff material. If it's like mine (and it should be), just flex it up a little more and you can get the filter out... just double check to ensure there aren't any vacuum lines getting tugged on when you lift up.

• 3 months later...
Our '95 ES300 has the four clips, and it's just stiff to lift up... the air duct is just stiff material. If it's like mine (and it should be), just flex it up a little more and you can get the filter out... just double check to ensure there aren't any vacuum lines getting tugged on when you lift up.

Replace the standard air fiter with a K& N part # 33-2260 Product Specifications

Product Style: Panel Air Filter

Height: 0.938 in (24 mm)

Outside Length: 12.563 in (319 mm)

Outside Width: 7.563 in (192 mm)

Filter Re-Oiling Amount: 1.22 oz (36 ml)

Weight: 1 lb (0.4 kg)

Product Box Length: 7.72 in (196 mm)

Product Box Width: 1.75 in (44 mm)

Product Box Height: 13.56 in (345 mm)

For around $50 it is a million mile filter that needs cleaning every 50,000 miles and is far superior to the crazy priced Lexus filter